Well, I adore Latin quotations, so here's a few slogans in that dead language.
1. Benedictus qui venit in nomine Dominions
(A pun on "Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini" - "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. So, in other words: "Blessed is he who comes in (wearing) the name of Dominions.")
2. Est deus in nobis.
("There is a god inside us.")
3. Vae victis!
("Woe to the conquered.")
5. Hoburg Hero.
6. My other prophet is an ice devil.
7. I fought the game and the game won.
8. Hoburg Hero For Hire
9. Hoburg Hero In Training
10. R'Lyeh does it deeper
11. Bloodslave Inspector
12. Maenads have more fun
(One for Arryn?)
13. Genuine Shroud of the Battle Saint(tm) Wear
14. Warning! Precision 5 Fire Mage
15. Warning! Wearer is horror marked. Keep away from astral flames, twin spears, Tartarian gates, summoning chambers, tantric sex, powerful thunderstorms, dimensional rifts, haunted castles,etheral creatures, magic laboratories, strange vortexes in the ether, mysterious, hooded strangers, supernatural menaces and fortune tellers.
16. Horror marks kill. Don't drink and divine.
17. Will work for world domination.
18. Maenad talent scout
19. I used to have a life, but I managed to trade it in for a Barrel of Air, fourteen earth gems and two clockwork horrors.
Black Templars starch their underwear.
belongs to Great Mother
belongs to Allfather
22. I sacrificed 40 bloodslaves, and all I got was this bloody T-shirt.
23. I brake for succubi.
24. Succubi susceptible
25. Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to Pangaea
26. Do you
27. Sidhe Champion. (If you can read this, my god has wasted 17 resources and 140 gold.)
28. Kiss me. I'm a pretender.
29. Ssssh! I'm hunting bwood slaves.
30. Oh my me!
And a few from the bible:
31. To me belongeth vengeance and recompence
32. I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
33. The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
34. To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
35. For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences
36. I inflame the hearts of hundreds of thousands, and ponder greatly upon the gods.
Then a couple from Lovecraft:
37. I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness...
38. That is not dead which can eternal lie ; And with strange aeons even death may die
39. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
40. The stars are right!
41. I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
42. Over 1080 unique units and we still mod
43. Who need high fantasy? We've got mythology
45. The only strategy game with troll knights riding mooses.
gods play turn-based.
This one is probably a bit too provocative to some people, but I like it:
47. Yahweh would have played Dominions.
48. Odin, Dahzdebog, Jupiter, Lugh, Ishtar, Osiris, Kukulcan, Zevs ... and you.
49. Have you
vanquished the heathens today?
50. Bringing divinity to Origins
There - that's a round fifty, I think I'll stop now.
Just ... one ... more...
51. I selected Luck +3, but all I got was this T-shirt.
And a few more. (Assuming the competition is still open out the 30tieth)
52. 1100 units, 400 spells, 400 magic sites, 250 magic items, 17 nations - 1 victor.
53. 1100 units, 400 spells, 400 magic sites, 250 magic items, 17 nations and
you get to be a god.
54. The game for strategy gods.
55. Turn-based godhood.
Then there's one that isn't in the bible, but ought have been (although using that one would probably include royalties):
- "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
And one that would have been great, but is under copyright:
Oh yes I'm the great pretender
Adrift in a world of my own
I play the game but to my real shame
You've left me to dream all alone
[ April 30, 2004, 12:50: Message edited by: Leif_- ]