The mother of all WW2 amphibious landings!
This scenario represents the landing of the 4th and 5th Marine Division on Iwo Jima (Operation "Detachment") on February 19, 1945 and is the first in a row (like my Peleliu scenarios).
A big one again (499 units)!
New version 0.96
Changes from version 0.95 to 0.96:
1. Changed the Japanese bombardment phase
2. Removed the LVT-4 Flame. Found no information about the use at Iwo Jima. Instead added eight Flamethrower teams
3. Add 1 point side armour to the LVT-2 (field modification: 1/4" plate in the cargo compartment)
4. Some corrections in the scenario text
5. Changed some troops: Names, ammo, armour and icons
6. Relocation of some troops
7. Some changes of the map (make it more dirty and rocky)
And two question to the lonely's outside:
1) I've found no information about the operations of the CV-17 Bunker Hill in the Iwo Jima assault (Feb., 19th). I know she was there, but maybe only CAP and ASW missions?
2) Is the scenario text ok? I'm NOT a native english speaker.