This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old July 17th, 2006, 08:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: nunchaku of doom

Thanks for the invite to live near Paris for a few months, however given how rude some of the French are to Americans, I would rather live in Terron or Bagdad. At least there I know I would be safe.
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hugh Manatee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
Quote:
Hugh Manatee said:
When it says Bear Arms..... does that mean I can own a tank with armor piercing rounds.... you know for self defense....
If you must ask an asinine question like this, then why post a question at all?
Ever drive the hyways in texas? yeah.... I want me a friggin tank!
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well if that is the case, then ya you can legally own a tank, but the gun would require a special BATFE license and all kinds of insurance.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:22 AM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you carry?

LOL! I just noticed Atro's posts last year about Seattle being a dangerous meth-infested place.

Speaking of Texas, I was just down there, and survived the highways fine, but I did notice plenty of arrests going on, and the TV news there reported a story last week which went something like this:

Fort Worth, Texas. A Mercedes SUV is stolen from its owner's house. Before it gets far, though, it comes under gun fire from the owner's house! The thief loses control and crashes the SUV into another vehicle, injuring two people in that vehicle. He bails out and tries to car-jack (IIRC) another car, shooting and wounding that driver. Then the police show up and shoot and wound the thief.

BTW, while meth and drugs are problems in the USA, and there are plenty of drug-related crimes and violence, there are other large problems leading to crime and dangerous parts. I would tend to point to bad education, bad child-raising, bad economic disparity, racial/cultural schisms, etc. Seattle isn't dangerous at all compared to some parts of Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York, and the reasons those places are dangerous have not so much to do with drugs as they do with large areas of the cities that are economically abandoned and angry thug culture fills the gap.
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:42 AM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hugh Manatee said:
When it says Bear Arms..... does that mean I can own a tank with armor piercing rounds.... you know for self defense....
Yes, and thermonuclear ICBMs. But not for self defense, for the security of the state. 'Arms' certainly does not imply 'guns', but rather, any military weapon. The framers did not know about fusion, and probably expected that the power of a weapon would always be proportionate to the number of people required to mobilize it (as with then-modern battleships). However, this right is still explicitly present, and has been (+is) unconstitutionally infringed on numerous occasions. There is an amendment system in place, in case unanticipated things like nukes show up, but the US government prefers to simply create and enforce illegal laws until the Supreme Court strikes them down - or doesn't, because their declarations rarely hinge on constitutionality anymore.

On the other hand, it may have been the intention of the framers - and remember, this was before widespread dictionaries standardized English spelling - to encourage more liberal dress codes. Bare arms (and bare legs, called an 'implied right' by constitutional scholars) are pretty hot, on the right person.
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:18 AM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you carry?

Yeah, the framers probably didn't anticipate genetic manipulation, either. The next generation may be faced with real manatees named Hugh who want bear arms for self-defense... ok, it's late...
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
Thanks for the invite to live near Paris for a few months, however given how rude some of the French are to Americans, I would rather live in Terron or Bagdad. At least there I know I would be safe.
It's rather the other way around, but we have no US Fries to rename. Plus noone bear arms except police , and death by gunfire is pretty exceptional.

As for our rudeness, French just were right two years ago when we warned of what actually happened in Iraq ...

I don't know where Terron is, but as for Baghdad it depends whether you are in the bunkerized perimeter ruled by the US -huh no, Iraqi governement, where it should be ok, or elsewhere, where your life expectancy should be counted in hours (unless you're inside a Bradley at least)
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I Cannot argue with the truth there PDF. And for the record, I love french fries, bread, women, wine, and cheese. I don't really like the cars or the food though.