This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 9th, 2008, 10:51 AM

Captain

TurinTurambar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Hell is For Heroes.

Did I just make "Captain" or is it just that I haven't been here much in the last year?

Geekdom is eternal... you will be assimilated... resistance is futile.

A+ Se GdY S++ Fr- C* Cs* Sf- Ai++ Au>M! M- Mp! S@ Ss+ R! Pw+ Fq++ Nd? Rp++ G++ Mm++ Bb-- L-- Tcp

'We, the weird, chasing the pointless, for no reason at all, have been finding out things that have no effect on anything important for at least a couple days and are now qualified to chase our tails to the merriment of all watching.'-Narf et al

"Of course, you don't want to be going about handing out immortality willy-nilly, that just wouldn't be responsible." -O'Shea
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Puke is on a distinguished road

That was plesant. I look forward to the next entirely different AZ story.

its been so long i've forgotten earlier parts though, it would be cool if it was all together in one easy to read place - kinda like Dogscoff did when he put his all on a webpage.
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Puke said:
That was plesant. I look forward to the next entirely different AZ story.

its been so long i've forgotten earlier parts though, it would be cool if it was all together in one easy to read place - kinda like Dogscoff did when he put his all on a webpage.
Once I'm done a few revisions, it'll probably wind up in se.net's fanfic section. I'll add a little linky here when that's done.
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
TurinTurambar said:
Did I just make "Captain" or is it just that I haven't been here much in the last year?
You were promoted at post 800. Rank table in FAQ

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
AgentZero said:
As for the warfleet, that's fairly easily explained. You might have noticed no mention of any crew on any of the ships. That's because they were essentially drone ships, slaved to the Murder of Creation and under the fine control of their individual A.I.s The Murder was used as Komatsu's base of operations, the rest of the fleet was hibernating in the deepest reaches of null-space. Which is why one did not see them trundling around until Komatsu's plan was coming to fruition, at which point they became the answer to more than one, "What the hell was that?"

Now that I think about it, I did leave rather a lot out of the big ole ending exposition...
Well, that answers the question I did not ask... about how 15,000 warships were supporting themselves out there. But that doesn't answer the questions I did ask, about how you go about 'manipulating galactic events' from completely outside the political or social context of the times.

Suggestion for the revisions: The 'original' Alice could remember more things, fragments of the 'long exposition' that Admiral Alice had to deliver at the end, without completely spoiling the story. When they discover that the Taurans are back, for example, she could 'know' that the aliens operating the warships are not the 'real' Taurans. The final explanation could still be held to the absolute end, but this 'hint' makes it seem less like a 'gotcha' or cop out.
Old July 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM

Captain

I have compiled it into one text document and put in online in my Yahoo Briefcase for now. I left in some of the "forum flavor" bits, and I've corrected it for typos out to page 26, but haven't gone back to look for the annoying ones that spellcheck can't find ("to" for "too", etc.)

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43ceff1...4gOeIBiAtQTnVg

No particular reason, just a fan and trying to help out others while the final version gets compiled by AZ.

TT

A+ Se GdY S++ Fr- C* Cs* Sf- Ai++ Au>M! M- Mp! S@ Ss+ R! Pw+ Fq++ Nd? Rp++ G++ Mm++ Bb-- L-- Tcp

'We, the weird, chasing the pointless, for no reason at all, have been finding out things that have no effect on anything important for at least a couple days and are now qualified to chase our tails to the merriment of all watching.'-Narf et al

"Of course, you don't want to be going about handing out immortality willy-nilly, that just wouldn't be responsible." -O'Shea
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM

Captain

Correction Post - since I can't find the Edit button.

Yahoo Briefcase is closing so I moved the .pdf to Windows Live Skydrive. It's here:
http://cid-fb2996a974fa800c.skydrive...ublic/HI4H.pdf

Cheers, y'all,
Turin