This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 23rd, 2005, 02:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Any chance to get firing shown \"slower\"?

Well, I tried to change values in CamoGame.ini to get firing be bit "slower" but it seems to be too difficult to me ... At first I had to add speed because units moved too slowly. Ok I solved it but at same time firing seems to be similar like in Divided Ground/Western Front games ... Those who has played them know what I'm talking about ... So, is there any option to get firing (especially from tanks) to be shown "slower" without getting units to move slower?

I'm sorry but I can't describe my problem clearer. Hopefully you understand my point ok?

Warhero
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:01 PM

Corporal

KevinRanger95 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any chance to get firing shown \"slower\"?

I have the same problem, but I'm trying to speed the firing up, mostly with atgm's and cannon fire, if I tweak it really fast it has destortion and you can't even see the animations of the rounds being fired, I don't know anymore than that though!

Richard Winters 506th Easy Company
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

FJ_MD is on a distinguished road

After you have installed the game without any change to any .ini you can set some parameters in the general preferences that may help you to tweak the speed. Animation level bar and message delay bar can do the trick. Also if you have hidden fire on you will not see the precise hex from where the enemy shot. Changing the .ini may help if you have very low speed machine.

Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:19 PM

Private

nosrac is on a distinguished road

i have the same problem with animation speeds and it has nothing to do with the in game options. it can be somewhat tweaked in the camo ini. but still have problems with the sound. i think there is some conflict going on under the hood. im guessing it is a sound card.. mp3..????
the camo guys will figure it out . my specs posted on "slow animation" thread.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:21 PM

Corporal

Sewter is on a distinguished road

The interesting thing is, that the ATGM fire is slow. Nothing else (including sound). My computer is not slow. At least not that I am aware of...It is not a super computer, but it is a recent design. Is there a user-friendly cut/paste text for the '.ini'? I am not too sure how to tackle such things as programming. Thank you!
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

FJ_MD is on a distinguished road

Mmmmhhh, anti-tank guided missiles are not as fast as standard ammunitions, you can "see" them, or better you are aware that they are travelling.

Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:11 PM

Corporal

Sewter is on a distinguished road

I suppose that you are right. They still seem rather slow, especially when compared with SPMBT. Thanks!
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:50 AM

Private

Rampager83 is on a distinguished road

Like everyone else, I am THIRILLED to have WinSPMBT! It is a great achievement. Still, I have had a few issues and would like to provide them since BETA never gets everything, especially when you have so many configurations.

Here is the hardware set-up (home built):

CPU: P4 3.0Ghz HT
Mobo: INTEL 865GBF mobo
RAM: 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel
Video: PNY FX 5700 ULTRA 128MB, DirectX 9.0c
Sound: Creative SB LIVE! 5.1
HDD: 1 x 200GB SATA
1 x 120GB SATA
1 x 20GB ATA
OPTICAL 1 x Samsung 52x CD-RW
1 x Pioneer A06 DVD-RW
MISC: Pinnacle AV/DV PCI Card
PCI USB 2.0 Card

I also have frustrations with the slowness of fires. Resolution in SPMBT was MUCH faster. I have had single-attack (1 shooter to 1 target w/ all available weapons) take 15-25 SECONDS to resolve. In a big battle, that is tedious.

Also, artillery fire, while OK in it's effects, seems to generate weird, crackling sounds, especially MLRS. This does NOT seem to be an imitation of the "popcorn effect" of a real MLRS strike, but it seems like the system is trying to compress a LOT of individual sounds into a VERY short period of time. Also, in SPMBT, if you had a cluster/sub-munition weapon strike a lot of targets, you only got a couple of "ker-brower-er-er" sounds regardless of how many units were hit. NOW, it seems like it has to cycle sounds for each weapon hitting each target.

SMOKE: Very frustrating. It goes by so fast that you wonder what just happened as the screen dances all over the flipping field. Can we slow this down a little without impacting other fires?

TEXT: Can you turn off the new, added text at the bottom that comes up telling you what weapon hit was armor at what angle, etc.? Maybe a VERBOSE and NON-VERBOSE setting? Or, speed it up a little?

SCREEN ISSUE: I know I'm just a klutz, but moving the EXIT button on the BATTLE GENERATION screens away from the bottom & dead center would be nice, and maybe putting the DONE button in that place? Small issue.

That's it. The fire resolution and arty sound and speed issues are all I've encountered (but, unlike others, I was unable to play hookey any this week <grin>).

Check Six, and THANKS AGAIN!!!

Buddy
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rampager83 said:
Like everyone else, I am THIRILLED to have WinSPMBT! It is a great achievement. Still, I have had a few issues and would like to provide them since BETA never gets everything, especially when you have so many configurations.

Here is the hardware set-up (home built):

CPU: P4 3.0Ghz HT
Mobo: INTEL 865GBF mobo
RAM: 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel
Video: PNY FX 5700 ULTRA 128MB, DirectX 9.0c
Sound: Creative SB LIVE! 5.1
HDD: 1 x 200GB SATA
1 x 120GB SATA
1 x 20GB ATA
OPTICAL 1 x Samsung 52x CD-RW
1 x Pioneer A06 DVD-RW
MISC: Pinnacle AV/DV PCI Card
PCI USB 2.0 Card

I also have frustrations with the slowness of fires. Resolution in SPMBT was MUCH faster. I have had single-attack (1 shooter to 1 target w/ all available weapons) take 15-25 SECONDS to resolve. In a big battle, that is tedious.

Also, artillery fire, while OK in it's effects, seems to generate weird, crackling sounds, especially MLRS. This does NOT seem to be an imitation of the "popcorn effect" of a real MLRS strike, but it seems like the system is trying to compress a LOT of individual sounds into a VERY short period of time. Also, in SPMBT, if you had a cluster/sub-munition weapon strike a lot of targets, you only got a couple of "ker-brower-er-er" sounds regardless of how many units were hit. NOW, it seems like it has to cycle sounds for each weapon hitting each target.

SMOKE: Very frustrating. It goes by so fast that you wonder what just happened as the screen dances all over the flipping field. Can we slow this down a little without impacting other fires?

TEXT: Can you turn off the new, added text at the bottom that comes up telling you what weapon hit was armor at what angle, etc.? Maybe a VERBOSE and NON-VERBOSE setting? Or, speed it up a little?

SCREEN ISSUE: I know I'm just a klutz, but moving the EXIT button on the BATTLE GENERATION screens away from the bottom & dead center would be nice, and maybe putting the DONE button in that place? Small issue.

That's it. The fire resolution and arty sound and speed issues are all I've encountered (but, unlike others, I was unable to play hookey any this week <grin>).

Check Six, and THANKS AGAIN!!!

Buddy
Buddy

Have you set the game message delay to nil in the preferences screen?.

Are you playing with fast ary on or off?.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:17 AM

Private

Rampager83 is on a distinguished road

Andy,

I'm using FAST ARTY (to speed things up, I have LARGE battles), but the speed and sound is MUCH different from the DOS version during which I also used FAST ARTY. As much ARTY as I use it is very tedious to have FAST ARTY in the OFF condition.

I've also tried different message delays, but did not go all the way to nil. I'll test that this weekend and get back to you.

ALSO, I will be installing the game on my laptop tonight/tomorrow as well and will let you know of any issues.

GREAT JOB!!! BRAVO ZULU!!! THANKS!!!

Buddy