.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some questions [Modding related]

About minimum/maximum tga size, that depends. The tga must be one of certain sizes, 32x32, 64x64 etc., but the units can be of very different sizes. You can mod in both humans and dragons, after all.

You'd need the official answer to make the optimal graphics, but if you do them so that they work with Dominions II they'll probably be easiest to import without any insider-info.
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:19 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Well still no answer from the devs, no idea why , but I have yet another question...this time somewhat AI related

6. Can we add some "command" for the AI to priorize specific path in research/spellcasting? Example someone gonna add a new nation the dwarves with mainly construction type spells/summons, and it would be good if the AI could mainly focus on the construction tree research/spellcasting. Hope I can get some answers...anyways I already began to work on the unit gfx, I will just resize them when I can get a proper answer from the devs.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old April 15th, 2006, 06:28 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

> 6. Can we add some "command" for the AI to priorize specific path in research/spellcasting? Example someone gonna add a new nation the dwarves with mainly construction type spells/summons, and it would be good if the AI could mainly focus on the construction tree research/spellcasting. Hope I can get some answers...anyways I already began to work on the unit gfx, I will just resize them when I can get a proper answer from the devs.

I dont think it is possible atm. I'll aks JK if it is possible to add it without too much trouble. There are some modding commands that reflect the magic availability of the nation.

#firenation and other commands will make the AI focus somewhat on this type of magic. Not sure how it works out in practice though. I haven't tried it.
Old April 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

How exactly does the #firenation etc. work? Are there also school-specific stuff like #enchamentnation?

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:20 AM

Major

Hey Kris! Thanks for the answer! I know the answer to 1. 2., can you give us some hint about questions 3. and 4, or perhaps JK can answer as well..

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old April 17th, 2006, 02:33 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

4. Nope. Not at the moment.
3. Not at the moment.

Hmm, sorry there. Only #bloodnation is implemented. It makes the AI research and use bloodmagic. Unless this tag is on the nation will not use blood.
Old April 17th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Intresting, though giving a possibility to slant the AI research into some direction could be helpful.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:05 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:

Hmm, sorry there. Only #bloodnation is implemented. It makes the AI research and use bloodmagic. Unless this tag is on the nation will not use blood.
What I found helpful in making the AI more challenging is giving a few starting blood spells, immobile blood mages and blood magic sites(w/ blood income) to AI kingdoms which normally don't research blood. As a result these kingdoms will use those blood mages to cast the blood spells.
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM

Major

Thanks Kris.

Old April 18th, 2006, 07:29 AM

Major

Hm I was just thinking a bit...I think my modding plans are somewhat ruined atm. Basically we will be able to mod the things what we can in Doms 2. + I guess some other things as well, since modding will be more powerful in Doms 3. However, we wont be able to make more "serious" mods still. Example, if we wont be able to add nation specific summoning spells or even normal summoning spells, the modded nations wont be "unique". Regural troop modding is not enough sadly.
Kris, it would be hard to add this feature for the modders? I mean to allow us to add new summoning spells? I dont know anything about scripting really, but it looks like not so complicated to add it. Example:
#addspell "Summon Treant" -> elvish nation specific unit
#school 0
#researchlevel 5
#path 0 6
#pathlevel 0 4
#fatiguecost 450
#summonunit *xxxxx*
#summonamount 1 5 -> Randomly summons 1-5 units

Can this be done? I mean to add simple commands like summonunit or summonamount to give the modders the chance to add summoning spells? It would be so awesome...