.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fallen Enchantress - LA - Intermediates & vets - RECRUITING

i'll try to remember when the next turn is here.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:01 AM

Private

TheHeatMiser is on a distinguished road

Agartha has been viciously attacked by Ctis and Utgard!
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

Ahh Bullock, always the the coward.

Its pretty much a given that you will attack me from behind every game
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:29 PM

First Lieutenant

You should change your nick from Bullock to the back door man.
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:57 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoul31 View Post
Ahh Bullock, always the the coward.

Its pretty much a given that you will attack me from behind every game
Dude. You are always complaining to be dogpiled... but it's because you are not playing with diplo.

I have 4 neighbors, 2 of them contacted me in early game for a nap which i accepted. The 3rd one, i have only a small connection to him in the middle of swamps so it's not interesting for me nor for him to attack. Therefore the only remaining target is you. I have a lot of connections with your territories which are highly populated.

Believe me or not but i told Marignon maybe 5 to 8 turns ago, when we signed the nap, that i was going to attack you. So it's not the Midgard's attack who have made my mind. i admit it's not fair to be 2V1 while the power of the 3 nations are balanced, but i won't wait to see who's winning your war and see if there is something left to take.

Also ...

Since you've said i'm Always backdooring people, i guess you had in mind the other game named "slaughter".

On that one i have been exemplary... You were in war with Caelum but didn't start any big fight. I came with a big army and cut the road of your ennemy (So he couldn't grab some your lands) and we fought this war 1V1. Caelum withdrowed as soon as i came.
I didn't even try to make some dark alliance with him, I went alone against you. Again you were the only one with whom i had no diplomatic relation, and strategically the best choice to control a border of the map.

Quote:
You should change your nick from Bullock to the back door man.
Yeah this one went trough my mind, but since i'm using diplo in dom3 game i thought it was inappropriate. So i picked Bullock.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:29 AM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fallen Enchantress - LA - Intermediates & vets - Running

LA Marignon doesnt know anything of any attack, Lets swarm Bogarus and revenge Pan's death.

(Just kidding) I was well aware of the plans of Bogarus to attack you about 6ish turns ago he told me.

P.s ghoul31 if you dont want to be dogpiled you need to work on your expansion, if you had expanded better you'd have had a bigger empire, then if you research and have a big army thats a deterrent for people to attack.
In this game you were in the last position( = the easiest target) in most of the graphs, so no wonder people just stroll over you. If you dont want to be dogpiled then build an army, Even if you have Nap-3 with your neighbors thats hardly enough to save you if you fall too much behind all of them. (becasue you wouldnt be able to have enough army when they attack you even if they wait the 3 turn period) And that is not to mention the research lead your opponents have over you(that means that some naughty spell is likely to tip the ballance in their favor.
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:26 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbz View Post

I was well aware of the plans of Bogarus to attack you about 6ish turns ago he told me.
Instead of joining me and attacking them 2 on 2, which would have a been a fun and interesting war, you decide to break your NAP with me and attack me 3 on 1.

There isn't one person who plays dominions (except for me) that wants fun, competitive, interesting wars. Every single person just wants 3 on 1 ganks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghoul31 For This Useful Post:
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM

First Lieutenant

READ YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES MORE OFTEN!! BEFORE BLAMING PEOPLE.I SENT YOU A MESSAGE DECLARING THE END OF OUR NAP-3 AGREEMENT AND SPECIFICALLY SAYING WHEN I AND YOU ARE FREE TO ATTACK EACH OTHER. I DID THAT ON TURN 16 AND I SPECIFICALLY CLARIFIED THAT ON TURN 18 YOU CAN ISSUE ATTACK ORDERS WHICH CAN THEN BE CARRIED OUT ON TURN 19. ALSO I WAS NICE ENOUGH AND TOLD YOU THAT IM NOT GONNA GANK UP ON YOU IF MANAGE TO TURN THE WAR AGAINST MIDGUARD SO THATS WHY I DIDNT WANT TO ISSUE AN ATTACK ORDER ON TURN 18. THEN I SAW THAT YOUR SITUATION IS HOPLESS(BEING ATTACKED BY 2 AND DECIDED THAT YOU CANT WIN SO I HAD TO ATTACK TO TAKE SOME PROVINCES) BEFORE BLAMING PEOPLE READ YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES. THAT WAS THE WAY WE SIGNED THE NAP AND THAT WAS THE WAY I ENDED IT - VIA PM.NOT ONLY WAS I NICE ENOUGH TO WAIT UNTIL YOUR SITUATION GETS HOPELESS(not to mention that I didnt break my NAP) but then you blame me for you not checking your private messages!!!!

p.s ALSO IF I WANTED TO BREAK MY NAP I WOULD HAVE DONE SO ABOUT 6-7 TURNS AGO WHEN MIDGUARD STARTED ATTACKING YOU...
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbz View Post

I was well aware of the plans of Bogarus to attack you about 6ish turns ago he told me.
Instead of joining me and attacking them 2 on 2, which would have a been a fun and interesting war, you decide to break your NAP with me and attack me 3 on 1.

There isn't one person who plays dominions (except for me) that wants fun, competitive, interesting wars. Every single person just wants 3 on 1 ganks.
There are so many things that are wrong in this statement.

First of all you are in a pile of ****, your performance has been sub par at most so even if I was crazy enough to join you, then I would have ended up fighting 2v1 war(you'd still die in 5-10ish turns). Starting a 2v1 war against the leading factions(Bogarus and Midguard) in the game(me being maybe third or forth out there) is more than stupid.So im not gonna continue commenting on that.
Also with some diplomacy you might have made me consider attacking one of them but ever since we signed the nap I didnt hear a word from you).

Second as I cleared in the previous post I did not break my Nap with you. I Never do that even though there have been situations where it would have helped me.
AND YES PEOPLE HAVE broken their naps towards me and they have dogpiled on me(I WAS FIGHTING A 2v 4 WAR IN MY LAST GAME WITH 2 poeple breaking their naps towards me, I killed 2 and then lost) BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT I DIDNT cry like a baby about it.

SO you wonder how was it a 2v4 game: diplomacy was the answer I managed to get a good ally and whith his help the game was nice enough.

Even now (at this very game) I'm helping one of the guys that is in the same trouble as you are.So accusing me of just joining the leaders and piling up on the weaker guys is plain wrong.Also I felt like helping that guy, because he was a lot more talkative than you were and we conducted a lot more diplomacy than your only response for the game
"I agree " to my nap-3 proposal.

Third. You joined a Vet-Intermediate, game. So being competitive is what you are expected to be. "wants fun, competitive, interesting wars". You can hardly use the words fun and competitive together(or at least by what I've seen from you)
Even if it was only you vs Midguard you would have lost about 5 turns later at most) judging by your situation at the moment.
You lost to me and bogarus about 100 gold a month(and 100 gold can hardly help you when you have your capital besieged which is the case at the moment).

I can also state that your definition of "fun" can hardly be called "competitive". I heard about a game where you were playing. And you refused to attack 2v1. against the leader of the game(leading almost 2 times the next closes in terms of the charts) Because it would be "dogpile". So eventually he won the game(because if you had as you said "dogpiled" on him then there was a chance that you might win the game, but instead you decided to forego this and let him snatch the win. That cannot be in any way classified as competitive behavior.

So if for whatever reason you want "fun" game. Where people are not allowed to attack someone who is at war. Then you are free to create a game yourself bearing those conditions and rules.
I however would not join such a game just because it is really imbalanced(A lot more than you'd think). The previous paragraph is only one of the cases which will be created in the game.
(fighting the leader of the game with empire 2 times as big as yours on your own is hardly fair).

The aforementioned game style would bring other implications such as: you just stay on enemy's capital(having conquered all of his lands)Ensuring that no one would attack you because it would be "dogpile". So im not gonna enter into detail about the implications of such game. But as I said all are free people and free to join such a game of yours. But its gonna be heck of a lot more unfair than a normal game.

Last edited by bbz; February 5th, 2013 at 10:47 AM..
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM

First Lieutenant

The thing which I don't like here is that you are lazy enough not to check your private messages, lazy enough not to conduct proper diplomacy, and when people actually attack you you start moaning and blaming the guy that has done most for another player in the game. (not attacking signing a long term NAP with that player and sending him gold).

And yet again even though that player( and what im saying now is going to ruin my good position in the game but im gonna say it anyways because you got me annoyed with your BULL**** comments).So even though Agartha has been attacked by 2 from turn 10 onwards, and has received only some help from me(but not much). He's been doing a hell of a lot better than you have.(staying competitive on the research and army size charts).