.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old January 27th, 2004, 06:11 PM

Private

Spags is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Derek please look..Possible bug...

I like to use only 2 warriors and I was already out of the playoffs by fight 30...
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:11 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road

How odd...I just played a 30 match season, with one warrior having died in the second slot in about the 5th day (which I left blank the rest of the season), and I played out the rest of the matches, saving right before the 30th match, and reloaded the game, played out the 30th...and it works perfectly. I tried it several different ways (auctioning off the 1st slot warrior and filling slots 2 and 3, etc), having the leader make the playoffs, having him not make the playoffs, etc, and it always worked fine.

Were you having this problem before the 1.5 patch, Spags?

I'm using the release CD installed on my system, with the 1.5a test code.

I'm not doubting you, I'm trying to find a commom denominator here as to why it may do this...very few others are reporting any problems on other forums...in fact, most other people i've talked to say it runs fine overall. Weird.
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:51 PM

Private

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Derek,

I too have the runtime error. Same as described here. At the end of the season - I made the playoffs...boom clears the final match results and crash - runtime error. The test patch is not working for me.

One other item. If I reinstall a game more than a couple times, the game will not let me do it again and it is greyed out.

Russ
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:35 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road

Can you remember how your season went? What are your playing strategies (enchantments you buy, use potions?).

Did you have all 3 slots filled, Rusty? Just trying to narrow it down, because i've played using numerous different strategies and never seen the error before.

Thanks!
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:00 PM

Private

Spags is on a distinguished road

One strategy I always use is the enchantments...I do not use the potions much because I don't want to lose a warrior because of a overdose so I use them on occasion(If I need a big win). When I get rid of a warrior I sell them. I never release them because there is gold to be made

When I am in season one I like to re-name all the warriors I that currently have. Then I will sell the warrior who I believe is no good even before I start the first fight of the season. And then I work with the two that I have(one primary, one training) and start advertising in which I always spend 160 gold.(Works go for me) Then I save before I start the first fight(So if I forget to save I won't lose anything up to that point). Hope this helps
Thanks

Spags

[ January 27, 2004, 21:03: Message edited by: Spags ]
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:22 AM

Private

Derek,

Sorry... not enough detail for you. I was using the 20 game season. I used potions sporadically, and always use enchantments. I renamed all three players (all slots filled)and I always start the season by dropping the lowest rated fighter and hiring one to take his place. I then run the hired one, and train the rest. Bet all the time too on the other matches. I also save every day or so.

Does this help out? Great game Derek!

Rusty
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:09 AM

Private

Derek,

Spags and I use very similar systems. Something has to be there. Prior to the test patch, the runtime error appeared late in the season or at the start of play offs just at the end of the regular season. Possible error in stats? Or is it the hired fighter maybe?

Rusty
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:42 AM

Private

old fat bald guy is on a distinguished road

Oops. I posted to customer support about this because I couldn't post here, then realized I had too much paranoia software loaded and I wasn't accepting cookies. Do you have a sheepish smilie?

I had error 9 too, at the end of a 40-match season. I had rested my main fighter in match 40, but he should have been in the playoffs on the "most kills" tiebreaker. Error message and crash to desktop instead. (I put more detail in the e-mail, but I think that covers it.) I had installed the test patch before starting the game.

[ January 28, 2004, 04:45: Message edited by: old fat bald guy ]
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:38 PM

Private

Bulldog is on a distinguished road

Played two more twenty game seasons and crashed both times. Once when the playoff screen should have opened (error 9) and once when my fighter was killed on day 13 (system quit responding/CPU usage at 100% even though mine is 1.6 GHz). Used a hired fighter both seasons and did not use any potions or enhancements. Both the 1.5 patch and test patch were installed.
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:34 PM

Private

Smapdiness is on a distinguished road

I have the 1.5 patch and the latest no music patch installed.

After a 20 match season everything occurs as it should (except the invisible buttons are still enabled for selection in contract negotiations), then when I try to start the 1st match of the 2nd season, the screen changes to the Last match of the 1st season showing the results of that match. There is no error message and no button to exit this screen.

Any ideas?