.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 16th, 2007, 02:38 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Unit in the Game... Any thoughts?

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
>50 astral gems is a very high price for a single unit

Actually it's a low price for freeing the fettered one and unleash him upon the world. The fact that his physical powers are limited by time, space and the newly dead doesn't make the powers of his fetters less strong.
Actually it's a high price when you can alchemize the gems for 25 of another type and then use those 25 gems to summon units/commanders which can kill the beast.
Old June 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

What would be great is if, when the Eater of the Dead wanders off, there's a chance he decides *he* is a god, he becomes the Pretender of a nation of his own misbegotten, mutant children-by mating/raping various furry forest critters, the dead, MA Ulm, etc, and the Eaters of the Dead nation showed up on your doorstep.

Maybe-with multiple castings-even more than one.

And to whomever questions the existence of mighty Cthulhu-well, have you ever Wished for him?

well, have you?!?

I THOUGHT NOT!

Muahahahahaha!
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

Valandil is on a distinguished road

Yes. I have.
Unfortunately, I was running a mod which added him, hence, it worked perfectly.

In other news, bathusma (eg.) has like 90% regen, right. If you power wished, would you have like 250 hp per turn?

Old June 16th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Lazy_Perfectionist is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but you need to reach conjuration 9 for that. I can get my Marble Oracle at conj 6, with my national mage. OTOH, is a Tartarian gate REALLY only ten gems. Wow... That's a hella lot of tank for your buck. At least I have better protection, for what little that's worth (15 gems, to be precise).
Old June 16th, 2007, 05:42 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lazy_Perfectionist said:
Yeah, but you need to reach conjuration 9 for that. I can get my Marble Oracle at conj 6, with my national mage. OTOH, is a Tartarian gate REALLY only ten gems. Wow... That's a hella lot of tank for your buck. At least I have better protection, for what little that's worth (15 gems, to be precise).
Yes tartarian is only 10D gems but you do after cure the afflictions and gift of reason in most cases.

However in the case of my 500 hp tartarian prophet, I got lucky in that it came as a commander with no afflictions. Has magic paths of W3 D2 H3, which is good. I can quicken self, breath of winter, divine bless, soul vortex (with 1 death gem of course), Hold a turn (catch his breath after all that spell casting), attack closet (whereupon he slaughters anything foolish enough to get in his way).

Oh he also has a personal bodyguard of 5 mammoths, so any spells like disintergrate, soul slay, petrify, horror marking etc target those instead...
Old June 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
SlipperyJim said:
I like my GoR-ed Tarrasque, empowered to S4 so she can Gateway her buddies in Team Tarrasque all over the map.

In a big/long MP game (map of our world, like 350 provinces) I GoRed a tarrasque and empowered to 2 or 3 in air, fire, and earth. Fire for fire shield, earth for the fatigue recovery spell, and air for .... cloud trapeze! Never mind mirror image, it was a great party crasher. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's .... Oh shoot! Runaway!

Oh - if the big T didn't come with regeneration, I either empowered in nature or put a ring of regen on it. Fun critters, even if not KoB level.
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Never mind mirror image, it was a great party crasher. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's .... Oh shoot! Runaway!

LOL
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:52 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Well, actually...I don't know from the "best" unit in the game, but my *favorite* unit in the game is probably the Ancient Kraken.

There's just something really cool about the Kraken, especially after you've watched 'Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest' at the drive-in.
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:44 AM

Private

bananafish is on a distinguished road

Arco's Oreiads

best assassin type unit... if u can't seduce 'em, charm 'em... and if that doesn't work, let the (magic item) bodyguard bash 'em...

if they get found in a province w/o real troops, can single handedly take down a medium PD'd province.

can play havoc w/ an enemy's army when u 'charm' the commander and gives u an action report of the ensuing combat. and if u happen to charm his 'thug' in the army... wreaks havoc on his own army..
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:37 AM

Corporal

Aleph is on a distinguished road

Pound for pound:

Gold - I'll second the "quality recruitable anywhere sacreds." In particular, Mictlan with F9/W9 and Lanka with E9/N9 can be absolutely devastating from year 1 through the endgame (sure, counters will come up later on, but they are still among the best basic troops, and numbers are king in Dom 3). Jotunheim's sacreds are horrifically powerful, but they are capital only and so favor smaller game types.

Magic - Dakini. Great access to air personal enchantments, flying, blood vengeance... a hunter, forger, raider, and SC chassis for a song.