BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 7th, 2018, 04:31 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strange Occurance

I'm not sure I understand the explanation based on what I saw. The tank fired at the only adjacent unit and retreated it. This was not the end of the turn, there was plenty of action, perhaps two thirds of the turn after this event. At the point of the save there was no visible adjacent enemy unit and nothing fired at it since it took its shot at that last adjacent unit and retreated it.

So, a question about that last shot. I don't recollect whether there was panic on that shot, but let's assume there was. If the additional two suppression due to panic pushed it into the retreat status, would the shot have taken place?
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Too difficult to say exactly what tipped it into that status, as I have said. It was probably a failed morale test and for the sorts of reasons already explained to you.

That's all one can say unless provided with a test save at the proper point in the sequence of events that allows actual testing. A post event save is pretty much useless for testing since there is no way to recreate the event.
Old March 8th, 2018, 02:57 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnevada View Post
So, a question about that last shot. I don't recollect whether there was panic on that shot, but let's assume there was. If the additional two suppression due to panic pushed it into the retreat status, would the shot have taken place?
Unsure why you are asking this as its resolved but you can answer it yourself easy enough.
What happened? it did fire.
What happens if you get a panicked fire result? The unit fires.
Game mechanics not that we need to know are most likely suppresion added due to panic resulting in less accurate shot. Unit status check at end of that units action results in retreat status due to suppresion level.

Simple lesson to be learned is tanks dont like woods especialy if they are constantly attacked, its a bad idea.
My commander says press on regardless of the fact its getting harder & harder to detect the enemy may as well make me a siting duck next turn. Even armed with nothing more than grenades 3 squads have a reasonable chance of taking out a tank if you let them get in position.