.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old August 19th, 2006, 07:20 PM

Corporal

ImUrOBGYN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas for Quests and Items

Couple new ideas.

1. When I'm playing, especially a large map, I come across many alien fleets that I cannot befriend or beat down at the time. I generally write down the name of the planet, aliens and approx number/size of ships. Otherwise, I have to try and remember all these things or return to those planets later on, possibly wasting time.
Can a mod be made so when you click to view a planet, it will show the radar screen and alien names? Or something to that affect. This would make things sooo much easier. You can view items on explored planets, why not alien fleets on planets you've been to.

2. Some may not agree with this next one, but you don't have to use it if you don't like it.
Quite often, I have a weak ship with me who can sometimes be more of a hindrance than a help. YOu cannot always get these ship to retreat quickly enough. Other times, I don't even want another ship with me anymore, but don't want to get them killed and still want the points for them at the end of the game. So...
Would it be possible to make some sort of 'docking bay' at Epsilon or some random planet; whatever. This would allow you to 'drop-off' ships who join you during your game. Then you could just pick them up when you had better items, needed more cargo space, or wanted to end the game.

Whoever made it this far, thank you for having the patience to read it all. :-)
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:38 AM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas for Quests and Items

For that matter, a "loot dropoff" at homebase... if you fill your hold, you can leave loot/tech/items at Hope or wherever, and anything there you get credit for at the end of the game... it makes sense.