.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 13th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Private

Great_Marshall_Gumbaiev is on a distinguished road
Default Stalingrad Campaign

I have decided to give a try to the Stalingrad Campaign available in the game.

1.CORE

STURMBATTALLION 305

-2 Infanterie Kompanien (Reichman Kie & Braun Kie)
-4 8cm mortars
-4 Stugs III/f
-1 Pionier Zug

The Infantry Companies are formed mainly by units equipped with AT Mines (I am pretty scared of the Soviet Armor). I thought that it would be better than equipping my units with MP38/40.

I rely on the mortars as artillery. They are good stuff in this sort of fight.

The Stugs give some armored support to the Sturmbattallion. They can also deal with T-34s and the bunkers.

My pioneers are armed with MP38/40 SMG. I focus on using these pioneers as WWI Sturmtruppen

BATTLES

First battle ended in a marginal victory. I was about to take the last two hexes.

In the second battle the result was repeated, although I was able to reach all the VH. I purchased the auxiliaries that the briefing told me to purchase, but the 28cm missiles didn't shoot (I don't know why, were they too close?)

In the third I was able to polish more my tactics. I tend to unleash a storm of steel (mostly with the 8 mortars, using the Inf Coy mortars around them to pin potential reinforcements) against the objectives, then the pioneers and the infantry attacked. A decisive victory and the first sight of the Volga.

The fourth battle also ended with a possitive outcome. The enemy armored counterattacks were stopped with Märders, and my infantry dealt well with the SMG units.

I think I miss a battle report. Now I am about to attack the Red Barricade Factory. Tried to purchase the auxiliary units that the briefing told me to, but there are no stukas available...

How long is the campaign?

Cheers!
Old January 23rd, 2007, 01:44 PM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stalingrad Campaign

I would recommend heavier artillery, since the enemy infantry is plenty and buildings, where they can hide and advance, are huge. The wrecking power of rocket artillery is perfectly suited to smash the factory halls and directly kill and cause heavy suppression for the Soviet infantry, before searching and assaulting their positions.

But then again I didn´t stick to the briefings force structure, as it was only recommended..