.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 18th, 2014, 08:13 AM

Private

MartinT is on a distinguished road
Default CoE3 vs Dominions 3

What are the main differences between these two games? Dominions 3 looks more like a grand strategy while CoE3 played a lot like a roguelike / strategy hybrid. I want to know if there are any gameplay / combat differences or are they mechanically mostly the same?
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:29 PM

Private

claes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CoE3 vs Dominions 3

Again, I have about 10 hours of COE3 so far and a little more Dom3 but there are huge differences in my opinion. The main differences -to me- are the fact that Dom3 is mainly played for multiplayer and COE3 is played mainly singleplayer. COE3 is more of a 4X game with roguelike elements and seems is a simple way to pass the time. It's easy to play and easy to learn and master, while Dom3 it appears will take some time to learn completely, if such a feat is possible. In Dom3 your true test will be the human opponents you play in multiplayer, and there are more features, units, spells, and everything. COE3 is a decent well made game, and is there for those times when we (or rather I) don't feel like taxing my brain after a long day.

Dom3 is for those long days when I want to tax my brain to its full potential, and meet other players and like-minded individuals in the process.

There are plenty of other differences as well and this is just a lay opinion off of the top of my head so I invite anyone else to point out if I err in any area and to add to this list. Cheers.