.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shepherds of Creation signup

Quote:
jeffr said:
I'm Pan in Sheperds 2. This is actually the first game I've been in (out of maybe 10 - 12) that stopped because multiple nations stopped playing. That's unfortunate. Most of the games I've played in have moved along at a nice pace (usually, first 24h, then 48h).

I wasn't going to win. My strategy was to make a beeline for the capital. I got there relatively quickly with a force of White Centaurs, but then found that the fortress had a defense of 500. So it was taking me a while to besiege. Then C'tis started Ghost Ridering me every turn, so that was basically it. I destroyed some of his small armies that would follow up his Ghost Rider attacks, but he would just attrition me again with the Ghost Riders.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the game
I was Caelum in this game.
At the point the game stopped I had many high power summons, some high level spells and strong, mobile mage armies.
hehe, I was just at the point capturing the capital with an air queen led army when the game stopped.

Yes it was fun experience, very different from your usuall MP game.
Great idea Illwinter, thanks for that!
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road
Default Battle inconsistencies in Shepherd Game

Battle inconsistencies: I my shepherds game I encounter irritating battle replays for _several_ turns now. Some units are not moving at all, some move erratically, some just drop dead for no apparent reason.

Could it be again that the Shepherds Server is already running some not-yet-official patch? I am running 2.16 and there is not an accessible newer version right now, right?

@Illwinter: For example, watch the current turn for Vanheim in the Shepchaz-game on your server, Battle at Dathen. Watch Baphomet's Juggernaut. It moves one or two squares and then remains idle for 2 or 3 rounds while being in perfect health. Next step, 200HP spontaneously explode with a little cloud of blood for no apparent reason! No spell cast, no spell effect displayed, however the timing corresponds to the evaluation of my wraith lords' soul vortex effect - but the Juggernaut was alone in his corner and my wraith lords were engaged with other units somewhere else. How can 200HP vanish in an instant? None of my units has a magical item for instant-killing magical units...oh, I am running on Linux. And my mages also did not everything as scripted, but I guess this is normal business, although I fail to see why the AI e.g. replaces a "summon storm power" during a storm with a mere "blessing". Maybe its heroic quickness and quickness being combined that causes troubles here...

Thanks!
Old July 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Battle inconsistencies in Shepherd Game

Hi, is it still inconsistent? I didn't check the turn in question so i missed the battle in Dathen I believe.

A mindless being without leadership can take 999 hp dmg in an instant.

I do not think this will affect the game but some files used in dom3 are also used in dom2. If there has been an accidental compilation of dom2 there might be a possibility of inconsistencies, but I doubt it. We havn't worked on dom2 recently.

Quickness have been a cause for trouble so it is not unlikely.
Old July 17th, 2005, 03:27 PM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road

Owh! That might explain the exploding juggernaut, for it was definitely at the end of the battle where all magical leaders might have been defeated already. I wonder though why it did not move and attack in earlier turns, for there were mages present (do magical leaders have to be conscious? If so then the Marignon Fire spellcasters might have knocked themselves of in the storm immediately).

In previous turns, I noted Bane Lords and Wraith Lords wearing Boots of Quickness to behave irratically, i.e. moving back and forth and displaying attak actions with no visible enemy. However, that occurred all in big battles and there were always quickened people around (by spell, by boots & jade armor and by heroic quickness).

There was no notable battle this turn, but I'll watch closely now and save the files the next time...
Old July 17th, 2005, 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Maybe they're on "speed" after all that magic?

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.