.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 8th, 2009, 10:44 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Artifacts Game - [ HOLY S**T MICAH WON!! ]

Oh, I stood no chance against those numbers.

I didn't come and fight your armies b/c I don't do what's expected of me when/where expected. I like to choose my battles and change my routines. Besides I had a significant amount of my armies busy killing Midgard. Last, when I did last turn I didn't think I'd end-up conceding on the next one

so - I didn't throw everything I had at you. I was just probing. Too little, too late, and anyway you had it all planned well and I stood no chance against you.

Feel free to give us more dirty details
Old August 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Ooh! Look at that. Game's ended, and over a month ago now. (Gonna still necro the thread a bit to congratulate Micah. Hah!)

Your defense against my attack on you might very well be the best piece of strategy I've faced in my Dominions career thus far, and won you the game. Together with convincing Utgard to join you obviously. But without the stellar defence Utgard would just have been too late to help you, so I still maintain it is that defense that did it for you.

Although by the end (by which I mean the end for me, but not yet for you, obviously) actually playing the turns had become a nightmare, I still had great fun on a tactical/stragic level. Pitting my wits against the best the Dominions community had to offer certainly proved a serious challenge and I look forward to giving it another go at some time in the future. Maybe. Someday. If I can work up the courage. Or get me a slave monkey to actually do all the MM stuff while I ponderously ponder deep thoughts...
Old August 30th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
Although by the end (by which I mean the end for me, but not yet for you, obviously) actually playing the turns had become a nightmare, I still had great fun on a tactical/stragic level. Pitting my wits against the best the Dominions community had to offer certainly proved a serious challenge and I look forward to giving it another go at some time in the future. Maybe. Someday. If I can work up the courage. Or get me a slave monkey to actually do all the MM stuff while I ponderously ponder deep thoughts...
No gem generators is the new standard for vet games, so hopefully that will make future games a little more pleasant MM wise.
Old August 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum_mechani View Post
No gem generators is the new standard for vet games, so hopefully that will make future games a little more pleasant MM wise.
Yeah, just been browsing through some threads to get a tiny little bit upper to date, and saw this mentioned. Have to say I have no objoctions to that. (Except that it's a pitty to loose the potential E boost from blood stones. Can't have everything though, I guess.)