.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance (Discussion)

I'd prefer a solution in which the Lady of Springs gets a new job. For example, if her magic was changed to WND, she would be able to put together both kinds of Naiads (the WN Naiads and the WD Naiads), which means that she'd be able to cast all the appropriate "springs" spells.

-Frank
Old November 6th, 2006, 12:55 AM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Zen - I'd consider trying to do something myself, but I'm notoriously _not_ impartial or well balanced. Oh, and working almost two full jobs. Any chance you might follow past history, come out early with a pretender CB mod that also fixed blatant mistakes? ( IE, accuracy / encumbrance for Aby, Oceania's roadkill "stealth" commanders? )
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:37 AM

First Lieutenant

Zen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cainehill said:

Zen - I'd consider trying to do something myself, but I'm notoriously _not_ impartial or well balanced. Oh, and working almost two full jobs. Any chance you might follow past history, come out early with a pretender CB mod that also fixed blatant mistakes? ( IE, accuracy / encumbrance for Aby, Oceania's roadkill "stealth" commanders? )
I am releasing the first portion including Scales/Pretenders very soon, then the discussion about how I'm a powermad despot can resume. There are more solutions to Pretenders (and problems) than Dom2, so the balance of that, coupled with the new goldrich enviroment, lesser impact of SC's, and slottablility have caused me to reevaluate almost all the pretenders. Not to mention that on the nationend, you have to deal with double blessing imprisoned pretenders, which is mostly handled by nations, but again, Dom3 is rife with Pretenders who do exactly the same thing, or another one does it better, so there is no reason to choose one for a lesser effect.
Old November 10th, 2006, 04:36 AM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Zen said:
I am releasing the first portion including Scales/Pretenders very soon, then the discussion about how I'm a powermad despot can resume. There are more solutions to Pretenders (and problems) than Dom2, so the balance of that, coupled with the new goldrich enviroment, lesser impact of SC's, and slottablility have caused me to reevaluate almost all the pretenders. Not to mention that on the nationend, you have to deal with double blessing imprisoned pretenders, which is mostly handled by nations, but again, Dom3 is rife with Pretenders who do exactly the same thing, or another one does it better, so there is no reason to choose one for a lesser effect.
If you're saying a version 1.0, either just with Scales / Pretenders, or with Scales/Pretenders/other things broken out into sections, is coming, that's awesome news. Those two things tended to be much less controversial with Dom2, as things that definately needed to be fixed. Even with the Sleeping/Imprisoned/Lazy Athiest (sleep most turns, and don't give a blessing no matter what ) making it more complicated, it'll be a lot easier than balancing magic properly again.

So - thanks, definately looking forward to it.
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:36 PM

Private

Drakaina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance (Discussion)Drakaina

Hi all,
Iwas browsing the web and came accross your forum and had the surprise to discover my name (and registered trademark ) in your game... I am very honored thanks.. I've been a professional fantasy art model and actress for 6+ years and was already featured on a non official Magic the Gathering card (named Drakaina®) and as many fantasy characters but i had no idea I was part of D3 too lol
Cheers
Drakaina
http://drakaina.com Official Drakaina website
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:46 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Since this thread has been brought back to the forefront, I thought I'd point out that I've made some CBM versions of popular LA nation mods.

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

More are on the way too. I'm also considering making a modified version of CBM that addresses some stuff that bothers me (improving or reducing the cost of more national troops that are 'useless' among other changes). It would also probably incorporate rejuvenation for all pretenders, the strength based slingmod and maybe some bits from other mods.
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:13 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Drakaina! Nice to have you here.

It was a "Drakaina" (or "Dracaena")-part woman from the waist up, part serpent-who was the first ruler of Scythia. Another one made a bargain with Herakles after she stole the cattle of Geryon, that she'd only give them back if he'd sleep with her-effectively treating the mightiest of Greek heroes as a prostitute. She eventually had 3 sons by him-Agathyrsos, Gelonos, and Skythes. The older two were banished from Scythia, but the youngest, Skythes, became king and founded the royal line of Scythia.
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:18 AM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road

This is by far the strangest thread resurrection evar.
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road

I thought Zen posted again -.-.
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:41 AM

Private

Drakaina is on a distinguished road

Thanks HoneyB