.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hellboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Semi-random-map test game - STARTED

Might be worth PM'ing or emailing him. If he is being attacked, the pattern I often saw in games w/ newbies in a losing war was: stale, stale, quit (which is not to say that I have any reason to expect this of Ewierl). I'd hate to see a double stale on 36h QH, especially this early on.
Old February 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

OK, guess we can call that egg on my face Sure enough, minutes after I make my post, Ewierl is there submitting his turn. My bad.
Old February 4th, 2007, 03:41 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road

Sorry folks, was out last night and woke late this morning I am getting attacked, and by a double-bless Tien Chi; those defense-19 Warriors of the Five Elements are tough for my clumsy old ancient ones to hit! it's slowed my expansion, but I'm not getting crushed quite yet
Old February 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Ewierl said:
Sorry folks, was out last night and woke late this morning I am getting attacked, and by a double-bless Tien Chi; those defense-19 Warriors of the Five Elements are tough for my clumsy old ancient ones to hit! it's slowed my expansion, but I'm not getting crushed quite yet
No, not nearly so crushed as I expected!! <grrr>

And I can say that I do not have nearly enough of those Warriors of the Five Elements, as everything else I have just melts away in the face of those Ancient Ones.
Old February 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Deleted.
Old February 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM

Sergeant

Default Bug?

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else having a weird bug on this map/game? I haven't encountered it anywhere else.

Sometimes when I hit Esc to leave a window (or maybe hit it one too many times), everything except the map itself disappears. From then on, hitting Esc just switches back and forth between the map and the wood-panel background. The only way to get out of it seems to be force-quitting and reopening Dominions.
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bug?

"You call those demons? I'll show you demons."

The forces of Lanka have fallen on their weaker cousins the Yomi in a bloody confrontation which left many slain. Our band of Palankasha are just too much for the lightly armored Yomi, and after cutting through their masses like a buzzsaw, they surrounded the huge Dai Oni and chopped him into 77 pieces.

Yomi flesh is inedible, but the human bandits which serve them are quite tasty when braised in a light wine sauce. We hunger for more (we do so tire of monkey), and know where you keep them. Expect guests for dinner in your home province shortly.
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:08 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Reverend Zombie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Baalz said:
"You call those demons? I'll show you demons."

The forces of Lanka have fallen on their weaker cousins the Yomi in a bloody confrontation which left many slain. Our band of Palankasha are just too much for the lightly armored Yomi, and after cutting through their masses like a buzzsaw, they surrounded the huge Dai Oni and chopped him into 77 pieces.

Your "victory," if such it was, was pyrhic. Not only did you fail to take the province, but you were left with naught more than a half dozen palankasha.
When that they find nothing but waste...

Old February 5th, 2007, 11:39 AM

Sergeant

The aggressive humans of T'ien Ch'i are finally pressing towards the home of the peaceful Agarthans... the rest of the world should beware, if they succeed, they will have all of the side island to themselves to grow and fortify and crush the rest of the world at their leisure!
Old February 5th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Ewierl said:
The aggressive humans of T'ien Ch'i are finally pressing towards the home of the peaceful Agarthans... the rest of the world should beware, if they succeed, they will have all of the side island to themselves to grow and fortify and crush the rest of the world at their leisure!
Peaceful Agarthans??? The people of Arnbeg province simply begged us to come to their rescue, and we could no longer ignore their piteous pleas for assistance. We are merely civilizing this island (and along the way removing these last few holdouts of cavemen we continue to find here and there), for the purposes of making one grand nation of scholars and academics. We have no notions of "crushing the world", that would disturb the meditations of our elderly Celestial Masters - such things are not even conceivable!