BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:08 AM

Private

PAnz3r is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions

Btw, I like the cold war NATO vs WARPACT battles, I tried some generated battles, but seem really difficoult to win with the Pact when the points are equal...
Old December 3rd, 2017, 07:19 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAnz3r View Post
I done the tutorial, now I'm playing some scenarios, I have played "soviet glory" and another with soviet advance versus england defenders in late 80s; both draw...but I almost totally destroyed the enemy forces.

I can't understand if AI is a worthy opponent, against the english I choose the soviet but I think that the scenario was made with human as english, because the soviet forces are totally overwhelming.

One thing that I'm not so able to manage is the mech infantry, sometimes I deploy the grunt too far away from the clash and sometimes too inside it....

I want to try some PBEM but at the moment I haven't an opponent
If your willing to just do a couple of turns a week I can show you the ropes if you want to PBEM.
Private message me your email address and I will take you through setting one up.
Your choice of sides l would suggest a meeting engagement & would be happy to use a smaller force than you, say 70% the size of yours.
Experienced player but happy to give feedback on the game if you ask to help you learn faster.
Old December 10th, 2017, 06:55 PM

Corporal

Warwick is on a distinguished road

There is no "English" OOB in our games since one is unable to set the date back to 1706 in any of them. ROTFL
Old December 17th, 2017, 06:20 PM

Private

PAnz3r is on a distinguished road

I have another question, I'm playing the campaign "Thunder in the sinai", I win the first mission forcing the channel crossing so I went for the second mission, where you face the first Israeli counterattack.

Well:

- I deployed the Dvinas in the backyard...but they dont shoot when Israeli CAS plane appeared, SAM need line of sight to shoot?

- I have 4 zsu-57-2 and 2 Buk, like the divnas they don't cover my ground forces...at least not ever, seem that they need Line of sight and to be halted in order to open fire, right?

- finished the first mission the campaign allowed to fix units , but I can't neither replace completely my core forces...after the first mission...is it normal?

- the campaigns included ib tge game aren't so much, is it possible to find more?
Old December 17th, 2017, 07:27 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

1) long range SAM have a very long minimum range usually. Thus they cannot usually target on-map fliers (helos and planes that made it on map without a shot at them while approaching). So they will generally only fir at planes making a stand-off missile attack, or on their approach run. And if you moved them they wont be ready to fire in any case.

2) Buk wont cover anything on map. Also they need to be stationary in order to fire. They wont fire if moved, and the same will probably apply to the Zsu-57 - they will likely decide the chance to hit is too low, even if they have shots left after moving. Zsu-23-4 would generally fire (even if moved) since they have so much better FC and they have radar so are not bothered by battlefield smoke which does bother the radarless units like the 57-2.

3) In a User campaign, the designer decides how much repair points you get. he obviously expected you to not need much, or its designed as a campaign where losing stuff means they dont get replaced. Check the briefing, or post a message to the scenario designer on the "scenarios and campaigns" sub-forum, the designer may be still around and reply.

4) The campaigns provided are what is commonly available. There may be some in the campaigns sub-forum that have not made it into the releases, but its unlikely (other than say WIP campaigns).
Old August 24th, 2019, 03:49 PM

Private

rel19 is on a distinguished road

Question about abandoning vehicle.

When crew gets out of vehicle that abandoned vehicle becomes visible for opponent despite it is covered with terrain or relief. Why does this rule apply?
Old August 24th, 2019, 06:56 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel19 View Post
Question about abandoning vehicle.

When crew gets out of vehicle that abandoned vehicle becomes visible for opponent despite it is covered with terrain or relief. Why does this rule apply?
I don't think that is true. Often a vehicle is abandoned and if not visible to your forces remains hidden until revealed after the game.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old August 24th, 2019, 08:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

The enemy vehicle, if not already spotted will be spotted by the usual rules, normally. But sometimes it will remain a "ghost" unspotted and you only notice it if someone stays parked in its hex, when it is destroyed.

The game is a bit strange about whether or not abandoned vehicles do or do not become visible to the opponent.
Old August 24th, 2019, 08:55 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

It may be tied to the crew like entrenchments so if you can see the crew you can see the vehicle
Old August 25th, 2019, 03:59 AM

Private

rel19 is on a distinguished road

I mean the case when I force a crew to get out of vehicle with keyboard @ key.

First I noticed this when AI began to pound abandoned vehicles with all tubes of artillery. AI could not spot and see them normally because that vehicles were behind hills and trees and AI had not got LOS to them.
After that I made a PBEM battle test. There is no LOS but all vehicles become visible to enemy after turn transition if unload crew.

Last edited by rel19; August 25th, 2019 at 05:20 PM..