.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old March 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM

Corporal

clomaka is on a distinguished road
Default mini-mod openable time capsules

I thought that the time capsules were pretty boring, so I made it so that you had to decide if you wanted to open them. A mysterious time capsule is worth more than an open and emptied one, but is what's inside worth opening it? A lot of times it is not, or you might find a cache of weapons and gear for your ship, or you might find a nasty surprise!

All the files needed should be included, and what to change in your game.ini is spelled out in the game.ini.txt. Hope you all like it!

btw-this is from my expeditions mod.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 589088-ww - TimeCapsule Mod.rar (144.2 KB, 335 views)
Old April 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Private

IckyJoelIdeaVole is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mini-mod openable time capsules

This is a very nice idea. One of the failings I found with the base game is that while the layout of the maps and what you find in them is different every time, once an item hits your inventory it's the same thing game after game. The Golden Cannister always yields the Golden Disk and there's no reason to EVER use the Conograph after you've had a good laugh about it the first time. It also makes very good sense that the time capsules would occasionally have something useful inside.

I especially like that you've chosen to distribute it in a way that makes it easy to integrate into an existing mod. Anything that gives the end user a degree of flexability in choosing what sort of game they want to play is a definite plus. I'll be leaving the time capsules alone in my own mod so that people who would like to use this with it will have no problems.
Old April 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mini-mod openable time capsules

Hey Icky. I've been kicking around the idea of modding some more. I've got a whole bunch of stuff waiting in the wings, just don't have time to put it into action. I also need someone to help me troubleshoot something that I'm clearly just not seeing (I am trying to do almost the exact same thing the bugs do when they die and that my corrupted tan ru do when the big ships blow up and fragment, but it's just totally not working, and I can't figure out why).

P.S. I wouldn't say that the conograph is always totally useless... Well maybe in the base game.