BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old October 7th, 2017, 06:20 AM

Private

kingbowl is on a distinguished road
Default uh1-gunship

Hi there i have a Question, when i use my gunship to fire on the enemy he fire only the 3 slots 1 manchine gun and 2 rockets how can dat happen it is the same manchine gun in slot 1 and 2 and slot 3 and 4 are the same rockets.
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: uh1-gunship

WHICH gunship.......WHICH OOB ?

What do you have your game preferences animation level set to ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 7th, 2017, 08:41 AM

Private

UH1B-gunship oob United states Animation level Max
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I moved one until contact and fired

They start out with 20 MG bursts and 9 rockets in each slot so that example shows all four weapons fired

Suppression has an effect as does experience and morale but my test showed nothing unusual...all weapons fired
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UH-1B Gunship.png
Views:	407
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	14930  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 7th, 2017, 10:35 AM

Private

strange to me i attack infrantry 17 hexes it fired 1 manchine and 2 rockets but i end my turn and then the infrantry fired on my chopper it counterattack and then it fired all the guns and rockets a bit strange
The Following User Says Thank You to kingbowl For This Useful Post:
Old October 8th, 2017, 01:42 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Not 100% sure from the vague description given, but when firing at infantry or other soft targets you sometimes do not get the full "chain of fire" if:

- The infantry pull back due to fire weight and/or casualties. Regardless if they pop smoke when doing so.
- The infantry/crew take cover, hit the dirt etc.

This includes any other infantry (whether spotted or not) in the target and other impact hexes (from weapon scatter when the "sparkler" goes off in an adjacent hex, or blast radius if the weapon has blast effect).

These target reactions break the "chain of fire" of the firing element, and it does not have to be the targeted enemy element that triggers the break. Just one affected by the firing.

Typically you may see this effect when spraying a bunch of infantry elements with a MMG/HMG team with multiple MGs in the firing element. Your firing may stop say after the first weapon fired - if watching the target you may have noticed an element pull back, but if it was an unspotted enemy that ducked and dived, perhaps not.

The other reason fr perceived gaps in firing is that the weapons dont have any ammo in one slot or the other - weapons further down the list may have more ammo left, since effects of the above mean the previous ones expended more rounds. Also, if weapon #2 killed a target, then weapons #3 and #4 do not fire at the killed target, thus leaving more rounds available in those slots. So check your ammo - some slots may be at 0 and the others at >0.
Old October 8th, 2017, 06:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Also, as with say tanks, sometimes a crew doesn't fire all the weapons available, one reason I usually shut off the main gun when firing at infantry at closer ranges, (besides the MGs generally do more damage AND the blast of my own cannon doesn't suppress my own units that might be nearby) as usually only 2-3 of the 4 weapons aboard a US tank are fired.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:36 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

A coax (slot 2 MG on AFV) usually only fires close in (to about 6-8 hexes?), and very occasionally if the range is in the 9-12 range. That's inherited SSI code that has always been there. It may apply to helicopters too, though I cant say I have noticed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:18 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: uh1-gunship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbowl View Post
strange to me i attack infrantry 17 hexes it fired 1 manchine and 2 rockets but i end my turn and then the infrantry fired on my chopper it counterattack and then it fired all the guns and rockets a bit strange
Thanks for this post. I have had similar thoughts as well. However, remember the percentage of hit from a distance of 17 hexes maybe low with MGs and rockets. Additionally, consider each hex is 50 meters, so a "dice roll" to use table top terms means it is probable not a hit on the infantry unit, say a 9 or 13 man squad, but suppression; and, supression improves with each new turn depending on your preference setting. Secondly, a turn is about two minutes, we may need more than two minutes.

Old October 11th, 2017, 01:59 PM

Corporal

geoff is on a distinguished road

At the risk of sounding dumb or unintentionally insulting, doesn’t movement factor in to how many of the weapon slots fire?

(I’m travelling and don’t have access to the game guide.)