.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Campaign: Baptism of the Black Brigade

Sorry about the missing radio, I should've caught that. I'm confused as to how it happened since I basically just sold off the force from the original scenario and bought the new core force for the campaign. While I altered some units I don't remember altering anything with the FO. What I would suggest is selling the FO back at repair time and rebuy. I'll release a fixed version later today but it won't help an ongoing campaign only fresh start since it is core force.

Brian

PS: After I get some feedback on the difficulty levels I'll insert a difficulty selection scenario as the first one and adjust the support and repair points for each difficulty level. I was going to do something more complicated but I'm thinking simpler is better first time around at least.
Old April 12th, 2011, 04:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I had some time yesterday so here's my results for the first two battles

Battle 1-- Polish Marginal victory 2197 / 298 ( The AI was lucky this time...)

Battle 2 -- Polish Decisive ( more like Crushing ) Victory 2849 / 180

Having the polish airpower was fun in battle 2 but not really necessary and although they really didn't contribute a lot to the overall victory maybe cutting the support points back so only one aircraft could be bought might be worth considering and I'd cut back on the build points and ask people not to expand their core.

However, if you get a lot of reports of draws etc you may want to go a different direction

Don
Old April 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Battle 3 --- Polish Crushing Victory 2087 / 72

I think you could afford to cut back on the repair and support points

However, others may have results that vary

Don
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road

Yep, working on a new first scenario - no battle just a difficulty selector - definately needed. My current thoughts are that the hard difficulty level should have no support points and half the repair points. I will need to make some minor changes to a couple scenarios so that any 'storyline' necessary support is included as aux.

For medium difficulty I'm thinking the current points may be ok for all but one scenario. Of course, to keep things easy on myself I'll have to cut back support points to subtract out any aux additions.

For easy, my current thoughts are double the current support points and perhaps 50% more repair points.

One thing to bear in mind though is that to achieve a decisive victory for the entire campaign, the player needs to have enough repair points remaining left over at the end. If I cut the repair points back too far, it will become impossible to get a decisive win for the campaign on hard difficulty. Unless, of course, I change the campaign victory points.

I haven't been feeling well this week so I haven't gotten much done but I expect to have a new version of the campaign (with the difficulty selection scenario) ready by the first of next week.

Thanks,
Brian
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:59 AM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

The first battle is rather tough imo,haven't played all way through, i doubt i will get up to full core force for the second,not to mention increasing core.
You can make it harder if you want but keep in mind,if most players can't muster a decent force for the next,then the campaign ends there.
Some may have done better,but in my book it's no cakewalk!
The Following User Says Thank You to gila For This Useful Post: