The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:57 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

Possible bug: One of my favorite features is finding logs of previous captains. Very cool. However, I recently found a couple of logs of my current living captain, in his own game, in a shipwreck. Not sure if this is a bug, or a clue that I'm being stalked by the Banker NSA.
Old May 26th, 2015, 08:18 PM

Seems like a bug that in my current game (Normal difficulty) even after sector 150 and with high-end gear and base crafting level at 200, markets continue to frequently offer scanners and engines at low cost (often under 10k credits) which have basic stats (engines with no bonus and 7 SUP, scanners with range 3-4 and no bonus) which would be fine except they still give me a crafting level increase for disassembling them. They're also the cheapest way to buy spare parts by sector 150, where spare parts themselves are about 25k per 5.

Seems like getting crafting level increases should only happen for disassembling something that's better than you can easily craft yourself.
Old May 26th, 2015, 10:13 PM

There are some other odd things about prices in sector 150 or so, too, with over 200 base crafting level. I can craft and re-sell light and medium ship weapons for about a half-million credits each (which kind of breaks the economy, particularly when I just got about 50 of all spare parts from the seemingly-infinite anti-Bankers' Merc Base Intercept Intelligence mission cave, and they're generally pretty abundant anyway).

But if I craft a heavy ship weapon, I get something similarly better than all weapons for sale, but the sell value I can get for it is more like 1-10k credits, which would remove the imbalance issue if it applied to everything I could craft.

Also, I probably don't understand how the system of learning base crafting levels from disassembly is supposed to work, but I find that while I can't learn from disassembling my own stuff right after I make it, it seems like I can learn from it if I use the equipment long enough.
Old June 5th, 2015, 05:37 PM

Private

dari is on a distinguished road

in reply to PvK about crafting experiences:

in the sector range 30-50 and a crafting level 100+ i could sell quit some - but not all crafted heavy ship weapons for 800.000+ credits at a Gruff station (you know the guys who wants to fight)
The same weapon does sell worse in other races stations. Maybe you went to the wrong customer . I see that rather as a feature. Now guess what you can get for a crafting level 200 Plasma Mortar...

I also had the experience that with the same crafting level you could craft way better items if you were in higher sectors than in lower ones.

But overall crafting is beside Field medic a set of skills that is really overpowered. Maybe Hardcore mode without those 2 skill sets ?

I also encountered a few cheap scanners up to my current sector 70something range - but they did not give any crafting levels with disassembling.

Another maybe bug:
In Whitespace - the Data pickups that according to its descriptions should provide data - give nothing. Is it working as designed ?

And now my favourite bug..er feature:
i found an artifact that got a negative curse and voila that negative curse of removing credits now yields a whopping 2credit per turn plus YAY!
Old June 6th, 2015, 09:17 AM

Private

on another visit the data pickups in whitespace gives data..
(after dropping that Amulet in a Black Hole with help of Quantum Restrictor)

Btw. i like the possible Bug that sometimes quest stations get spawned into that "Strange Dimension"
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:02 AM

Private

on another run in whitespace - data pickups dont give data (i guess it was just the explore tile data) - are they supposed to not give data - but have to be picked up to get into normal space ?
Old June 8th, 2015, 08:28 AM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

there you go, yes. collecting "white data" is how you are able to get back to normal space. Although technically, I suppose it should give you "data".
Old June 21st, 2015, 12:01 PM

Corporal

Baldrick is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I was in a quest to destroy a ship in certain sector. I entered the sector and started to fight with it. There were more ships shooting at it and another ship shot it down. I thought I could obviously not finish the quest. But I reentered the sector again afterwards and my objective was there again. Then I finished the quest. Is it this way always in the game?. My first thought was abandonning the quest!.
Old June 21st, 2015, 05:33 PM

I've noticed that same thing with quests to destroy a certain number of ships. When I ran out of ships to kill myself, I could warp out and back and there'd be a new batch. For named ships though, it doesn't make much sense. Seems like for named target ships either the quest should vanish (you didn't fail so no reaction penalty, but you didn't do it yourself either), or you should get credit if you put in some damage before it was destroyed.

Or, if the game calculates a named target ship is about to be destroyed, you could have it warp out and escape instead... then it would make a little more sense to have to come back later to catch it again.

Or we players could rationalize that it escaped somehow (warp, cloak, etc.) when that happens.
Old July 4th, 2015, 07:54 PM

Corporal

Dubious is on a distinguished road

This is almost so trivial I hate to mention it, but since patch 1.1 when identifying an artifact the "positive effects" options only have letter "E" on that one button. You can still select the other options with the appropriate letters, but those letters are not displayed on the buttons and using the mouse does not work.

When I first saw this it implied that option "E" was the only choice available. Testing showed otherwise.

-Dubious-