.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old September 20th, 2004, 11:08 PM

Sergeant

puffyn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Yarnspinners

Yes, I imagine those who didn't log into the server before the game stopped will need to get their .trn files.

I too support going to 2.14 at the end of this turn.
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

*Coughs* Yes, I had forgotten the little detail that some players might not have their turn files.

If someone else besides Karacan did not get her turn file, please drop me a mail so that I can send it to you as soon as I get it.
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM

Sergeant

Karacan is on a distinguished road

According to Esben's game page, neither Sheap, Mark nor me took their turns yet. It's safe to assume that the rest received their turnfiles from the server.
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:50 PM

General

I have just received the files, and will be sending them to the players not having downloaded the files from the server.

Sheap has been unavailable for the past ten days due to a "problem" (I am not sure why; real life?), and so he will unlikely have the opportunity to play this turn. Does anyone know more about his absence? Should we wait for him once all other players have sent in their turns?

Edit: Esben's files also included all the turn files for the current turn, so if you had already sent your turn to the server, you do not need to send it back to me. You should still give me your mail for next turn, and/or send the turn file again if you have made changes to your player file.

I am assuming these player files are indeed the ones for turn 6, which isn't a given (it was the same for Arcoscephale, but the dates of some of the player files are too old to be for turn 6). So sending back your turn file would likely be better if we want to play it safe.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:09 AM

Sergeant

Ermor: Turn 6

An excellent month. Attracted by greed, the mercenary knight Arnaud has joined my ranks with his longbowmen. These shall be a fine addition to the host of my legions of the damned.

Caractor, Angmar and the Sonnenkinder managed to capture the Achaku Plains without any losses, with the exception of a single mercenary, which does not really account for being a loss.
Shortly after capturing the province, my general communicated with me that there was a famous library in the province, which could be used to attract sages from all over the world. While none of the living sages could match my knowledge, I am certain they will be able to provide useful information from time to time, and thus I send the dead mage Simith towards the library's site, to build a laboratory there. However, he is to take a few of my freshly risen followers, and lead the mercenary Arnaud into a nearby battle first. I do not trust the archers alone to win the battle, and while I could not care less about the living, I still have need for them. Maybe my coffers will attract more greedy mercenaries that I can send out with the archers.

The ritual of calling an ancient Ermorian priest has had an interesting albeit unexpected effect. Not a holy man followed my calling, but a twisted creature more aligned with Death than Life. I nevertheless intend to declare it my Prophet, to increase its notable spiritual powers for the world to see. I have no doubt it will perform as well in my plans if not better than a holy man of faith. At least it does not question me.

For I am Noth, the Unquestionable.
Old September 24th, 2004, 07:37 PM

General

A gentle bump to give my third mail address in five days (hello Murphy). Turns should be sent to alneyan[AT]fastmail[DOT]co.uk from now on.

Unlike the previous two, this mail should actually be reliable, and works very well. But then, I fully expect Murphy to resolve that matter very soon.

Hopefully, it will be the Last time I have to give yet another mail address. Key word is hopefully.
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:10 PM

General

On another matter, both Sheap and Jarenko (Machaka and Atlantis) seem to have been AWOL for the past two weeks, and I did not hear anything about their absence on the forums. Should we wait for them or attempt to find a replacement, assuming there was a master password for this game?

I will be asking Zapmeister about the master password; since we are going PBEM, the players themselves can have this password, as you will only be able to access your own nation. If there is no master password, is there any way to access the password-protected nations? I guess it is not possible, but I hope I am wrong here.
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:30 PM

Sergeant

If you don't have a master password, and the nations are password protected, there is nothing you can do apart from terrorizing Sheap and Jarenko to show up and hand over the passwords, unless you manage a few lucky guesses.

I'm fine with either waiting, finding replacements or turning them to AI.

Which turn files are you currently missing?
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:40 PM

General

Mark's, Sheap's and Jarenko's. I sent another PM to Mark, but he is still on the Boards, so that will make matters easier.

Dominions is able to see if the turn files are valid or not, and so it allowed me to make sure the files from Esben were actually from this turn (except for the four players who did not get the turn from the server), and not from the previous one (as in the case of these four players).

Well, I guess we should start attempting the lucky guesses then, just in case. (Let's see: their own nicknames, towns, colours, and the like)
Old September 25th, 2004, 04:44 AM

General

We do have a master password. Rejoice! Erh, perhaps not. I will be advertising on the general Boards for these nations, either as temporary replacing or permanent.