.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old October 12th, 2004, 10:00 AM

Sergeant

puffyn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Yarnspinners

A reminder and announcement for new players:

Please take a screenshot of your empire during turn 10, or save the turn file itself. After the game is over, I'll come back and edit this post to include a composite map of everyone's positions at turn 10. This should increase the enjoyment of this thread as a story for future readers not involved in the game.

Finally, a big welcome/thank-you to all the replacement players. It's good to have you with us, allowing this game to continue.
Old October 12th, 2004, 11:10 AM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

I am saving all turn files for reference purposes, but may forget to do so for one turn. Still, if you need other turns, and/or have players forgetting to save their Empire states, these archives will be available for you to take screenshots.
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:31 AM

Sergeant

Karacan is on a distinguished road

Ermor: Turn 10

A rather cryptic message from the starspawns of R'lyeh was brought to me. Upon some studying, it appears to be an ancient cipher of some sort, in the form of an archaic rhyme once named Haiku. The meaning of the message was not yet deciphered, however I will ponder it some more.

Another sage recruited to fill my researching ranks, another battle won by my proclaimed general. However, the jade amazon tribe of Ordu has successfully repelled my attack there, slaughtering the remaining mercenaries under my command and destroying a few undeads sent their way. I will meet them in greater force next time.

Valgömu, second priest of newly risen Ermor, will stay at the recent battlefield, trying to get a use out of the fallen soldiers while Caractor and [/i]Angmar[/i] are ordered to plunder the pitiful remains of the once vast farmlands.

For I am Noth, and this money will fuel the warmachine needed to liberate this land from its shackles of life.
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:55 AM

Major

deccan is on a distinguished road

Hmm, can someone post the latest point total, or is there no one doing any judging?
Old October 13th, 2004, 01:10 PM

General

Magnate is currently away, but should get back soon (by the end of the week I guess).

One day, I will write my own yarns. Hopefully.
Old October 13th, 2004, 04:32 PM

General

The game is currently on hold while attempting to solve a problem with one player file (the problem is likely either my fault or a technical glitch). Once this matter has been resolved, next turn will run.
Old October 13th, 2004, 07:09 PM

Sergeant

magnate is on a distinguished road

Hi folks - I'm back. I'll award points for turns 7 & 8 tomorrow, and give you all a point total.

Hope you're all well. I got food poisoning on holiday! Yuck.

CC
Old October 14th, 2004, 02:06 AM

Corporal

CuriousCat is on a distinguished road

Machaka Turn 10

---------------

Slowly awareness returned. It was as if a mist was slowly receding from his mind. Since his mind basically was mist, Cetawayo found the sensation more than a bit disturbing. As he became aware of his surroundings he grew even more disturbed. He was standing in the middle of his tent, the one that he used when traveling into the countryside. This would be fairly inconsequential, if he could remember getting into the tent, if he could remember leaving Balakavo. He also felt somehow different...

At that moment, a young man Cetawayo didn't recognize entered the tent. He was attired as an acolyte of the order of the Voice. Cetawayo was shocked that such a junior priest would enter his presence with such... confidence? As Cetawayo started to ask this brash young man to explain himself, the acolyte gasped and quickly assumed the proper attitude of obeisance.

"My Lord, I await your pleasure." the priest said with more fervor than Cetawayo would have expected. Cetawayo began to analyze the situation. Something was very wrong, but it was something that he would defeat. Confidence began to return, he had bested death after all. He would defeat this, whatever it was. The first step was to figure out what had happened. This would be quickly followed by who or what had caused it. However, he had to tread lightly. He was a god to be, more powerful than most any other being in the land. He could still sense others much like himself in power, those who would steal his destiny - if they could. Could one of them have done this? What of the priesthood? They were powerful men and like most powerful men, many wanted more power. If they could rule in his stead, some would take any chance... Could they possibly have managed such a feat?

But first, more information. "What is the state of the land?" he asked the priest.

"My Lord, little has changed." answered the priest.

Cetawayo was impressed by this careful answer. Now to see how much this man could be trusted. Cetawayo focused his power, his presence on the priest. "Look at me." he commanded. It was a calculated risk. To experience such full force of divinity could leave the victim a feebleminded wretch. Of course, that generally happened to those who were strong willed and attempted to resist and to hide their true nature. That would not happen here. He could sense that this one was a true believer, completely devoted, and could be relied upon. Such were rare and to be highly valued. "Why are you in attendance upon me?" he queried.

"Master, when you... went away... the ranking priests returned to Balakavo in order to manage the empire. I volunteered to stay here and attend you." replied the priest. "I knew that you would return to us!" he joyfully exclaimed.

"How long was I... gone?" asked Cetawayo.

"Three months." replied the priest tremulously.

Three months had passed! This was unwelcome news. There was indeed much work to do. Now that he was assured of the young man's devotion he quickly gathered the details of his... illness. He also learned a bit more about the political situation among his priesthood. Impressed with the young man's knowledge and insight as well as his devotion, he quickly summoned the scribes and messengers that his one loyal priest had retained. His will would flow! He quickly ordered an increase in the levies in the capital. He also ordered the young priest to help him perform the rituals that would allow them to sense if any sources of magical power were located here on the plains.

Things were moving forward once more. He was recruiting an army and would soon, with any luck, find a additional sources of magic for his land. All that remained was a leader for the armies and perhaps a prophet. He also needed to put the priesthood back into their proper place. "Hmm... perhaps two birds with one stone." he pondered.
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:28 PM

Sergeant

magnate is on a distinguished road

Ok, I've caught up. Congratulations to Arco and Ermor for submitting yarns consistently. Just to remind everyone, the scores after turn 5 were as follows:

Abysia 9
Arco 10
Atlantis 2
Caelum 4
Ermor 10
Machaka 10
Man 6
Mictlan 5
R'lyeh 4
Vanheim 4

Here are some points for turns 6-8:

Turn 6 - Abysia 2, Arco 2, Ermor 2, Man 2, Mictlan 1

Turn 7 - Abysia 1, Arco 2, Ermor 2, Man 2, R'lyeh 2

Turn 8 - Abysia 2, Arco 2, Ermor 2, R'lyeh 2

Which leaves the scores after turn 8 looking like this:

Abysia 14
Arco 16
Atlantis 2 (presumably dead or AI now?)
Caelum 4 (ditto?)
Ermor 16
Machaka 10
Man 10
Mictlan 6
R'lyeh 8
Vanheim 4 (also dead?)

I can see some turn 10 reports already, so I'll award points for turn 9 yarns tomorrow (Last call!). After that I'll revert to awarding points just as the subsequent turn is run (ie. you have one whole turn to write a piece about the previous turn). Alneyan, are you still hosting 2x per week, Wed and Sat?

Glad you're all still enjoying it,

CC
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:34 PM

General

All nations except Mictlan are still alive and kicking. Atlantis has just been taken over fairly recently, and both Vanheim and Caelum lack time to submit yarns.

I will, one of these days, submit my own yarns, but it has been fairly hectic for me as well. The current schedule in on Thursday evening and Monday afternoons, due to a delay during Last turn. I will put notices when a turn runs on this thread for your own convenience (or simply send you a mail).

So turn 11 has been sent one hour ago, and turn 12 will be sent on Monday afternoon.