.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 7th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Unforgiving Princess

Tel City?
The only meaning I can think of is the word "Tel" in hebrew, which would make a "Tel City" into a city on a small mountain.
So is "Tel" some word I don't know of, or is my original conjecture correct? (I searched Dictionary.com and was unable to find a translation for Tel)

I must be missing something >_< (Maybe "Tel" is some C'tissian word?)

EDIT: JaydedOne, you can select individual units during battle replays in Dom2 as well
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Late Summer, Year One in Her Reign

In Her divine wisdom Vault was taken. The precense of the Lizardmen was but the beginning of a conquest. When Hector and Totila arrived the City was already taken, but after a swift battle the Lizards were expelled from the streets. Still, faith in Tap, the Burning Soul lingers. The war has to be taken to Lent, and faith the false God must be extinguished. Thorismund will have much to do.

Bulrek agreed to serve. And so he will.

----------

Apparently the Black Rose was out of spirits, priests' orders, but that was no problem for a hero. A dozen couriers, recent friends and easily impressed youngsters ran away in search for liquors. Worse, the Voice was back. As suspected.

He moaned as the room became brighter. Two huge men entered the tavern. They wore ancient black plate armors and white cloaks. He instantly disliked them. He disliked them even more as they walked up to his table and demanded that the rabble around him leave. He quickly grabbed his bottle. The two stared at him disapprovingly, but didn't take it from him. One of them started to say something, but so did the Voice.

The next day he was on his way to Vault with two Black Templars and a slightly insane fellow leading five ghouls from the Keep.

Fortunately he had found three old friends, rangers of the balck forest. He had relieved them of their former duties. A privilege of being a hero.
Old September 7th, 2006, 03:03 PM

General

> The only meaning I can think of is the word "Tel" in hebrew, which would make a "Tel City" into a city on a small mountain.

A Tel City is indeed a hill city. The tel is originally a man made hill of layer upon layer of ancient cities. A hill of ruins so to speak.
Old September 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM

General

Black Forest Ulm recruit list.

And for those who are new to the game.
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Well, gotta say, marrying together the two Ulmish themes from Dominions 2 is a pretty interesting solution.

Hmm, I've been thinking of modding late era Ulm into souped up Iron Faith when the game comes out...

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old September 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

Did anyone else notice how many Cavalry he had on the field for "Late Summer, year 1"? What is that, turn 6? The doubled economic scale must really have an effect on accelerating the game. Combine that with cutting the amount of effective research you do in half, and I bet Dominions3 will be very, very different. In fact, I predict Dom3 will introduce a new "mid-game" phase to Dominions. In DomII, there is early game, which is expansion, and late game, which is creating the largest/best possible armies and overwhelming your enemy. For Dom3, I bet early game will be fast expansion, mid game will be "clash of the armies", and late game will come very late when people finally hit the powerful spells and magic items, and the world hits cataclysm. I can't wait.

=$=
Old September 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Sergeant

okiN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
Did anyone else notice how many Cavalry he had on the field for "Late Summer, year 1"? What is that, turn 6? The doubled economic scale must really have an effect on accelerating the game. Combine that with cutting the amount of effective research you do in half, and I bet Dominions3 will be very, very different. In fact, I predict Dom3 will introduce a new "mid-game" phase to Dominions. In DomII, there is early game, which is expansion, and late game, which is creating the largest/best possible armies and overwhelming your enemy. For Dom3, I bet early game will be fast expansion, mid game will be "clash of the armies", and late game will come very late when people finally hit the powerful spells and magic items, and the world hits cataclysm. I can't wait.

=$=
I think you missed the part where he hired Hector's Heavy Horsemen.
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

Oops! Eh hehehe...

All that meat, and no potatoes. :shrug:

=$=
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road

Mmm, although players can ALSO multiply the gold and/or resources and/or as game settings when they start a new game, which definitely can make a huge difference in the size of armies etc.