World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 21st, 2016, 09:36 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Sweden has the "home" designed modified German built LEOPARDS STRV-121/122A & 122B tanks which were submitted for modification in the game 2/or 3yrs. ago. Changes were accepted and made by Don.

Denmark has actively been selling off their heavy armor however, unlike the Netherlands they didn't sell off all their armor. They started their "fire sale" mostly between roughly 2009-2012 time frame. By about that time the Dutch had pulled them out of service and sold them. This was covered extensively in this thread and in my patch inputs and was game fixed. Denmark was slower to start the sell off as noted above and saw the rise of Russia and held the line with the best they had left the result of which follows. They maintain one Armor (Heavy) Battalion (In Holstebro.) w/51 LEO 2A4/40 LEO 1A5 (Modernized.) w/60 in storage.

UK Yes I agree about the UK they would have done well I believe but, they can't make it I suspect because they are deployed in East Europe.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 21st, 2016 at 09:46 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:50 PM

Lieutenant General

Well I thought something might be off about Denmark concerning the use of the LEO 1A5 so I recovered the source and missed it's date. So the best way to fix it was just to go to Denmark's MOD site who like many others of the region are very free and open to the status of their military. So the answer really is they have 57 LEO 2A5 tanks in operation. From their MOD you might find PDF pages 10-12 of some use. The others after will give you a complete list as well of the rest of their armed forces as of 2011. Note and as I've posted, Denmark is in the process of down selecting a replacement for their M-113 APC's. It'll be one of the largest deals of the type in Europe in many years.
http://www2.forsvaret.dk/eng/About/F...Figures_UK.pdf

Sorry for any inconvenience and confusion on the matter. The rest is correct in the above post. Denmark's OOB concerning these tanks is good as well.

General sites...
http://www2.forsvaret.dk/eng/Organis...anishArmy.aspx
http://www.fmn.dk/eng/Pages/Frontpage.aspx

There was a thread of talk of NATO and others. In one of my replies I indicated the recent agreements to form such an organization of the Scandinavian countries, though I couldn't remember the name of it. That name is NORDEFCO, the below
is the MOD announcement (2016-01-13 16:15) of their chairmanship of that organization in it's second year also who's in it, the rotation and who can't chair it.
http://www.fmn.dk/eng/news/Pages/dan...-nordefco.aspx

Well that was a long correction! Good Night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 22nd, 2016 at 12:08 AM..
Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post

UK Yes I agree about the UK they would have done well I believe but, they can't make it I suspect because they are deployed in East Europe.

Regards,
Pat
Indeed the truth...
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:07 AM

Lieutenant General

A quick one and done, a deeper analysis of what will be accomplished in the Polish LEOPARD 2PL upgrade program...
http://www.defence24.com/312490,leop...n-battle-tanks

Have a great day! It's back to the "grind" today.

Regards,
Pat

Old March 23rd, 2016, 02:25 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Sweden has the "home" designed modified German built LEOPARDS STRV-121/122A & 122B tanks which were submitted for modification in the game 2/or 3yrs. ago. Changes were accepted and made by Don.
As I stated here earlier the Swedish Army has got rid of Strv 121 and/or converted them to engineering vehicles and spare parts in 2014. Strv 122 is still used, there's about 120 of them in use.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 03:04 AM

Lieutenant General

First I would say please go to Page 28 Post 274 Item A1 then go to Page 30 Post 299 and look at the previous shorter posts that proceeded 299 and note the dates of each. WHY? Because of the following ref. which even with my "bad" eye I can see a repeat of that event coming. Someone will come across this ref. or similar and get all excited that the Russians are getting an upgraded T-72B3M/B4 tank. Well I hope you looked at data from those posts very closely, because, the mod I just mentioned from the below ref. is no different then the data we had for the T-72B3 when submitted two years ago. So unless Don wants to do a name change here, the "new" T-72B3M/B4/or T-72B4 is the same as the T-72B3 that incorporated all of the improvements mentioned below and a couple of more not mentioned below. However I have no faith in that I "short circuited" a repeat of the above events from Dec. 2014.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/march..._12003162.html

The simple breakdown (Before I have one.) is...
1. Late 2012 data received on the upgraded T-72 to be called T-72B3.
2. Investigated, researched then submitted in Mar. 2013 to become UNIT 697 in the Russian OOB.
3. The controversy appears in Dec. 2013, all is resolved.
4. Somewhere along the line T-72B3 has become the T-72B3M.
5. Now we have the T-72B3M that's also the T-72B4 better known as the T-72B3M/B4 (PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOOT ME NOW! )
6. Maybe the name change isn't such a bad idea now!?! It was almost harder to keep it straight the second time around as the first time above!?!

But whatever we call it, IT'S THE SAME TANK WITH THE SAME CAPABILITIES AND UPGRADES.

Someone will still do it anyway.

Regards,
Pat

Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

A rose by any other name ...

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 26th, 2016, 10:13 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

In case you're confused by the various Marks of Centurions...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Centurion_Mark_Diagram.gif
Views:	143
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	14147   Click image for larger version

Name:	CenturionProduction.gif
Views:	132
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	14148  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old March 26th, 2016, 11:04 PM

Lieutenant General

And I thought the Le Clerc and Abrams was bad!?!

Regards,
Pat

Old April 2nd, 2016, 04:06 AM

Lieutenant General

What I'm watching for now...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/febru..._31002163.html

With the exception of what would become the Russian ARMATA starting with Post #1 on the BLACK EAGLE, the ARJUN Project might succeed it as the longest on going developmental program I've been tracking. With that being said India has been dealing with the "concept" of the ARJUN Mk1 for over 40 yrs. now. These tanks overall are very good, though I would consider the ARJUN Mk2 as excellent based on the almost 200 improvements made to it. What we have below has given me some new information concerning the both the ARJUN Mk I & ARJUN Mk II.

ARJUN Mk I...
1. They continue to seem to have issues with the LAHAT. I have seen nothing to indicate that they have abandoned the project. This has to be some kind of FCS issue. I was going to recommend taking the LAHAT firing Mk I out of game play until this issue is finally settled but life side tracked that three years ago, however, with the game extension out to at least 2025 it would seem this is still a viable option vice deleting it all together.

2. I was surprised to see it seems like the KANCHAN ceramic tiles were added on this tank though I need to verify (Verified as baseline KANCHAN during edit window. It now has the improved version as dicussed below for the Mk II.) it wasn't already accounted for when submitted. What's new also is we didn't have the information "directly" believing that KANCHAN can resist APFSDS rounds.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/india...elligence.html

ARJUN Mk II...

1. They have worked out the LAHAT issue on the Mk II and is operational though the Mk II isn't yet.

2. Taken from ref 2 below..."The all-round protection has been enhanced with improved (This is the key word and tells me again of advanced development and they upgraded the ARJUN Mk I to carry it as well above the "baseline" product it had.) KANCHAN armour, a modular composite armour developed by India. It has been described as being made by sandwiching composite panels between Rolled homogeneous armour (RHA). This armour is able to defeat APDS and HEAT rounds and is believed to withstand APFSDS." The structure is described as being very similar to what's on the ABRAMS. It can't be ruled out that they might not be using "DU" in the manufacture of the KANCHAN armor.

3. It has an highly advanced self protection system which is better then what I believe was initially intended but, this program was delayed and certain sectors of the ARMY have been against the ARJUN tank program in general from the start. The delay just offered extra time for the technology to improve and I believe that's what we're seeing here.
As taken from ref. 2... "To increase the self-protection of the Arjun Mk-II, a laser warning and countermeasure system (ALWACS) developed in collaboration with the Israeli Company Elbit Systems is mounted on each side of the turret. The four ALWACS elements are mounted at each corner of the turret to provide 360-degree coverage."
http://www.armyrecognition.com/defex..._13003161.html
http://www.armyrecognition.com/india...elligence.html

Finally on the APC and MRAP side we finally get to see what the KESTREL APC looks like from ref. 1 (MkII section.) above ...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/india...res_video.html

Also from ref. 1 the TATA Motors 4x4 MRAP already in the field.

There was a lot posted on this from the start some might find the process interesting and informative.

Alright my Tornado watch duties are over while the family sleeps and I'm off to bed-one more watch to go. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 2nd, 2016 at 04:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: