.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Corporal

zlefin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Small games available (Blitz, CBM and Allied AI's)

can you update the cbm games to 1.6? we been playing 'em some in the channel as none of us can host. ty
Zlefin
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Small games available (Blitz, CBM and Allied AI's)

Is 1.6 finalized? The thread made it sound like a temporary one. I kept watching the first post to change, or for someone to tell me (Im not real interested in following it)

Altho at this point Im probably going to hold off starting any new games since the switch over will probably mean restarting all of them anyway.
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Small games available (Blitz or Player vs AI or SemiRand or Chaos or CBM)

Since Dom3 is now downloadable we are getting some new interest from people who are considering it that didnt before. So, to help things along I am re-opening the Dom3 DEMO versions for multiplay.
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/demo_chk.cgi
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Small games available (Blitz or Player vs AI or SemiRand or Chaos or CBM)

OK Im re-examining the games on the server. I have some Id like to see made available. But apparently Ive hit abit of a ceiling. The server is running well (knock on virtual wood) and seems as though it could handle more with no problem but Dom3 itself seems to dislike having more than 100 to look thru. Thats 100 games, 100 maps, 100 mods, etc. Between the "always open" Ive already listed, and the ever growing number of personal games being setup on the server, I seem to hit 100 active games fairly often.

I could maybe divide up the workload to separate logins, but Im not totally sure that would fix the problem. I could try playing with using the dom3 config variables to refer to different directories for maps and such for each game type but thats probably more test work than Im up for anymore.

So I might cut back on some of the less popular games in order to try out some new ones. The most popular of the "always open" games seems to be Blitz, vsAI, and SemiRand. Ive already cut Demo in half. I guess I might cut CBM and Chaos from 2 games in each era to just 1 in each era.

Id like to try PI maps (Partial Independents) with AI's next. Or possibly a ComboMod version of as many mods that add to the game as I can possibly fit into one mod download. Or maybe a re-occurring Scenario if I can figure out one that could be script-generated newly each time effectively.