Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 21st, 2014, 08:50 AM

Private

sabresandy is on a distinguished road
Default IT-1 Missile Tanks

I've done a few quick pings through the forums and got nothing back, so it seemed appropriate to start up a new thread for it, with the rationale of "equipment detail".

The IT-1 missile tank, Nikki Khrushchev's pet project, isn't in the game, despite being (if what few sources I've found are any indication) in limited service in the late 1960s and 1970s before the whole missile tank idea was scrapped. Since "very limited service" has never been a constraint, I think they're worth eventually adding to the Soviet orbat. What say you?
Old March 21st, 2014, 10:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IT-1 Missile Tanks

Well from what I could dig up a total of 62 IT-1's were produced and used between 1968-1970. The missile had a range of 300-3,300m, and I could find no data on it's warhead.

The current Russian OOB has 11 of 249 weapon slots and 28 of 999 unit slots open. To add a vehicle that was produce in such limited numbers and deployed for such a short period of time probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: IT-1 Missile Tanks

As Suhiir has pointed out; many of the OOB's are running out of room. Many suggestions have been made to alleviate the situation including from myself however the game is a bit like a spider web and what's in the OOB's is linked into the scenarios and campaigns as well. It's a headache of major proportion too lets say remove all level bombers or even just the B-52 by itself. Just taking Russia when the ARMADA MBT gets fielded in about 3-4 years IT WILL spawn a new IFV, APC, SPA and SPAA plus there is some discussion of a SAM system as well. I can't submit all this for submission because of the current game limitations of this OOB. In my mind unless something changes or someone beats me to it I've subdivided what's left into the MBT, IFV/APC, Jet/Helo and SPA/SPAA categories in my personnel order of preference. Based on current development and projects I'm aware of there should be enough slots left after the 2020/2021 campaign submissions from myself and others. There are still some test bed units that can be deleted from this OOB as well though only a handful at best thus far. The threads are littered with this conversation here and there. But I came across these on the IT-1 to include a ref with line drawings you game designers love to use. As was I believe pointed out this was the only operational Missile (Dedicated) MBT the Russians fielded.
http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Ta...sile_Tanks.htm
http://books.google.com/books?id=9uZ...issile&f=false
http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/We...sian_ATGMs.htm

Since I don't want to be the "grumpy popie" in the morning and worse at work I'll say have a good night/day! Besides gotta buy a new game CD as mine is kaput!! CINCLANTHOME will like that as the "honey do list" is sure to follow!?!

Regards,
Pat
Old March 22nd, 2014, 09:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

http://www.jedsite.info/tanks-tango/...it1-intro.html

The IT-1 (Lit; istrebitel tankov = tank hunter) aka 'raketniy tank' or 'ob'yekt 150' was developed between 1957-1962. This tankhunter, based on the chassis and hull of the T-62 and was fitted with a new turret with stabilised anti-tank system TURS 2K4, day/night sights T2-PD and UPN-S. It carried 15 PTUR 3M7 'Drakon' ATGM (3 reserve and 12 in the automatic loader) was radio-guided (semi-automatic) with a range between 300 and 3,300m. Secondary armament consisted of a 7.62mm PKT with 2,000 rounds. The IT-1 was the only rocket tank that ever actualy entered service with the Soviet forces. They were in production from 1968 - 1970 by various companies, and 20 additional vehicles were produced by the Uralvagonzavod factory in 1970. Only two battalions operated them [one with artillery personnel and one with tank] with one battalion in Belarus MD and the other one in the Carpathian MD. This means that there weren't more than around 60 vehicles The units were disbanded after the withdrawal of IT-1 and all the vehicles were reportedly converted to ARVs after they were withdrawn from use.

other sources claim they were mothballed but in Category 1 readiness with the crews trained in regular T-62's and they were finally offically withdrawn in the "late 70's" which from a game perspective fits well with the existing SP atgm formations that start 1/79
Old April 3rd, 2014, 03:24 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just taking Russia when the ARMADA MBT gets fielded in about 3-4 years IT WILL spawn a new IFV, APC, SPA and SPAA plus there is some discussion of a SAM system as well.
Well, I suggest waiting until they get actully fielded. The T-95 got killed and even if Armada is produced variants may get the chop due to budgetary constraints as it often happens.