.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 5th, 2004, 01:06 AM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

Make your god dissapear.

Choose pangea and take a lord of the wild as your pretender.
Build a couple of centaurs.
Set centaurs under lord of the wild's command.
Put centaurs up front and lord of the wild in back.
Sneak into some strong independents.
Meanads will spawn under lord of the wilds command, forcing combat.
Lord of the wild will hopefully retreat.
Lord of the wild is nowhere to be found, but not death.

Anyone know how to fix this?

[ June 04, 2004, 12:59: Message edited by: Molog ]
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Brigadier General

Johan K is on a distinguished road

The weapons of sharpness spell is not supposed to make the weapons magic, only sharp (armor penetrating).

And about the HoF mummy rebirth. It certainly seems possible that it only uses the first 10 positions. I'll look into it.
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Johan K:
The weapons of sharpness spell is not supposed to make the weapons magic, only sharp (armor penetrating).
Hmmm. This is the intended behavior?

Other than the fire 9 blessing, (which is sacred only, obviously) are there any mass buffs that allow regular troops to hit ethereals?

Given that there are spells for granting ethereality, and summoning ethereal units en masse, the difficulty of countering it is surprising.

A melee equivalent to flaming arrows (even without a damage boost) would fill a major hole in the anti-ethereal arsenal of those nations with cap only sacreds, or those wishing not to be anti-thematically enslaved to the moloch/fire blessing.

One could even put it in water, as a potential attraction to weak battlefield magic there.

Rabe the hopeless Dom2 Junkie who ought to be working.
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:27 AM

Corporal

Ighalli is on a distinguished road

I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but here's a bug I found in 2.12.

I was sieging a fortress and got a random event that increased the defense of the sieged province. Since you can't actually buy defense when sieging, I assume this needs fixed...
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:59 PM

Corporal

Master Shake is on a distinguished road

I cast Imprint Souls on an underwater province twice (once in 2.11 and once in 2.12). Each time, I got about 10 regular units and about 40 magic being units (Mad Ones?), but no commander with a Magic Beings command rating. The Magic Being units simply poofed away.

I assume this is a bug.
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:39 AM

Private

mnoracle is on a distinguished road

Is it intentional or bug, that Great Warlock pretender not appeared in 2.12?
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:46 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

(2.12, Linux)

The 'silver mine' event description says that the mine gives 20 gold a turn, but the site's description says 30 gold.

Oddity: The defenders of a castle tried to break siege, but failed and routed... to an adjacent province instead of back into the castle.

Drain Life seems to work even on inanimate foes like Telestic Animates; seems a bit athematic, possibly imbalanced. Assassins with Boots of Quickness and the ol' black banner are remarkably successful; moreso even than w/ Phoenix Rods since fire immunity is considerably easier to get.
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:32 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Underwater Imprint Souls definitely has a bug in it, but it has more to do with the commanding unit, Holy Deep One. The Holy Deep One (unit ID 1009) has a leadership rating of 25/0/0, which means that all the Mad Deep Ones will just stand there and die off without a magic leader. As such, Imprint Souls is worse than useless against sea provinces.

There is also a completely new bug introduced with the 2.12 patch: It is impossible to assign the full five stacks of units to commanders in the map file, because the fifth #units command simply gets ignored. Doesn't matter if the fifth command is #units x y or #bodyguards x y, the game just ignores it completely. I noticed this when testing a newer Version of my Faerun map. The problem did not exist in v2.11 (or if it did, I didn't notice it, but I really think it is new).

Also, a question regarding the Summon Animals spell: Is it intentional that only Giant Spiders, Great Lions, Black Hawks and Wolves are called with this spell? Moose, Great Bear and Boar would all be good candidates and would actually widen the selection and make the spell more useful andworth its high cost. I know Boar is most often the result of Polymorph, but it should be a Summon Animals option too.

And one final comment: The Garnet Amazon holy unit, Gryphon Rider has to be changed. Right now it costs 125 gold, 25 resources and it's very fragile. Yes, itturns into a gryphon when the rider gets killed, but after the battle ends, the gryphon dies (unlike in Dom-PPP where it stuck around like the Machakan Hunter Spiders do in Dom2). This makes it a completely worthless investment and quite frankly the worst sacred unit in the game bar none. It ought to be changed back to the previous status, or the cost significantly reduced.

Other unit editing that should be done are:

Lord Guardian: no castle defense bonus while regular Guardians have def(+2), what gives?

Demonbred (121): Unit should have base undead leadership of 25 like the regular demonbred (87), that gets lost when you turn an 87 into a prophet, and it changes to 121.

Captain (293): The unit graphic is a horseman and it has cavalry weapons (lance and hoof), but the unit is infantry, complete with foot slot for items. This makes some of the mercenary companies seem rather ridiculous. Was the #mounted command or whatever it is that makes units a horseman forgotten from this unit?

That should be about the size of what I want to say this time. Absolutely great game, which is why I'm bothering to list this stuff.

Best regards
Edi
Old June 11th, 2004, 08:33 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Edi:

Also, a question regarding the Summon Animals spell: Is it intentional that only Giant Spiders, Great Lions, Black Hawks and Wolves are called with this spell? Moose, Great Bear and Boar would all be good candidates and would actually widen the selection and make the spell more useful andworth its high cost. I know Boar is most often the result of Polymorph, but it should be a Summon Animals option too.
Have you tried the spell out in different terrains? Remember, the devs think of everything! IIRC boars, moose and great bear are summoned in forests, together with wolves.

edit: Wolves, not hawks, live in forests.

[ June 11, 2004, 19:41: Message edited by: Endoperez ]
Old June 11th, 2004, 08:55 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Not exactly a bug but its kindof rude. I was in the water and surprised to see I could hire the mercenary group of "Istana's Warriors". Well OK she has water magic but its not nice that all her warriors drowned before I could use them (all but 1 cause she has 2 water magic)
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)