This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Indiana Jones Trailer!

Ok, I just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark, followed two nights later by The Temple of Doom, and feel called to post to this thread. I still have not re-watched The Lost Crusade, and I have not seen the 2008 Indiana Jones film.

I had only seen The Temple of Doom in the theatre once when it came out and not again until last night.

It is enormously, almost unfathomably worse that Raiders, IMO. Holy freakin' heck, it makes almost no sense, and is mostly horribly choreographed, timed, etc. What an awful thing. Well, it has a few moments, but I mean, it'd be a forgettable silly B movie except it is supposed to be a good film, no? Harrison Ford, Raiders being really well done in most ways... and then, ya, glowing potatoes... plbbbttt!
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

dumbluck is on a distinguished road

I wholly concur with PvK on this one!
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

I agree. temple of doom was the worst collaboration between Spielberg and Lucas. Maybe it's because they stepped away from the Judea-Christian mythos for this movie, or it was supposed to be a prequel to Raiders. Either way, it was a very disappointing movie which i have tried not to watch too many times.

I loved The Last Crusade.

I still don't know what Speilberg and Lucas were thinking with their 4th Jones movie. Aliens? Hey, I'm a big CE3K fan, but these weren't cute little aliens in this movie. Still, it was much better than Temple of Doom, and as far as the action sequences, just as good as Raiders. I thought I heard that they were going to try to make a 5th movie. Let's hope they stick to the Christian ideology. But in this day and time, they'll probably either stay away from religious artifacts altogether, or try something something worse than aliens.
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

My order of indy movies (from best to worst):

1. The Last Crusade
2. Raider of the Lost Ark
3. The Kindgom of the Crystal Skull (i think it captured the indy spirit, even if dealing with aliens instead of the normal judeo-christian themes)

and waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy below:

4. The Temple of Doom

I hope that if they make a 5th movie they do something around the Atlantis mytho, i remember fondly of playing that old lucasarts adventure of indiana jones and the city of atlantis, and i think it was the computer game most alike the indy spirit...
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Maybe they should open up the vault of Dark Horse comics for their next story idea. They had a I.J. storyline concerning Atlantis. they had quite a few comic book stories that probably could be made into movies. But as in the past, you got to have a period of time when George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and John Williams are all free to make the next one. Hope it's soon. None of them are getting younger.