Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 19th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Sergeant

serg3d is on a distinguished road
Default Points allocation during the campain

If I change the AI points in the prefernces during the campain, will it affect current campain ?
Also, how does AI allocate points - does it take its initial points to my initial points ratio and multiply it on the my current force value, or just take amounts of points from the preferences ? What I want to do is scale AI points according to my upgrade, and start with 2:1 ratio for AI.
Hope I make a sence.
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:00 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Points allocation during the campain

In a campaign game the allocation ignores the player settings for player 2 (points, air etc). You simply determine your start level (e.g. by setting preferences to a desired level for P1).

Usr campaigns may have points, air strikes etc designed in, or may simply use the ratios, on a per-scenario basis.

Long or WW2 LC campaigns, will use the appropriate force ratio as based on you core value+any support troops you buy in the set up. Air points will be based on weather, and the appropriate in-game air ratio, with (in the WW2 LC) some few special cases where air will be given to either the human player or the AI as appropriate. (Kursk is one that springs to mind).

So the P2 forces are as determined by force ratio for the battle type, or by a scenario designer in some user campaign linked scenarios.

Cheers
Andy
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:11 AM

Sergeant

So there is no way increase real difficalty of the WW2/generated campain ? "Difficalty level" affect only replacment points. That is not enough to make campain harder, especially after desisive victory, then your losses are small.
I've tried to start russian WW2 campain several times, and each times russian forces just walk over germans from the start, even on the hardest level, wethere it's an assault, defence or meeting engagement.
It would be good to be able to set AI points ratio like in the SPWAW.
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:36 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to hear that the AI works off the core plus what you picked out of support. I was always afraid the AI working off the core -and- all the support points, whether you used them or not. Making my 3200pt core grow to more than twice it's size with those large support points is just too much, but since it's the way you say it is, then it's agood option to have that extreme an amount of support at times, because your core may be so badly broken in a particular battle that large support may be the only way.

BTW, the AI does work off the points in the field technically, does it? What I mean by that, is if my core is greatly reduced and I can't replace them, then the AI won't still work off my normal total core value, but off the sometimes lower amount actually put into the field, correct?
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:45 AM

The damaged status should be taken into account, if you have to carry destroyed or damaged units forward.

Cheers
Andy
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:11 AM

The difficulty level affects repair points, is all.

If you find playing as the USSR in WW2 easy, then perhaps you should handicap yourself to a force built around BT or T-26 tanks?. I find that buying a T-34 and/or KV force in 41 becomes a bit of a walk-over. Maybe allow yourself a platoon of elites in such a force, till the Germans are fielding lots of long 75 tanks, or P3 with the long 50 (which can slot a 34 if engaged at too close a range). And once the panthers and tigers and nashorns appear, then all bets are off, and a few KV or IS are in order

Same if I am playing a German LC in the desert & West - I stick to P3 and/or P4, and perhaps a couple of Panthers (rarely tigers instead) as Churchill-killers.

Thus I do not have "super tank syndrome" as the AI can kill me if I mess up. An army of "mega tanks" is as boring as playing the USA with M1s against (say) an Iraqui horde of t-34 and 72.

In other words - you handicap yourself, to give the AI a sporting chance.

Another way to handicap yourself would be to start later, when Jerry has good tank guns, say 1943 where the 34 becomes "routinely killable", as the 75L48 opens them at 1300m or so.

Cheers
Andy
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:41 AM

Sergeant

Hmm, I'll try to edit cost of russian super-tanks in the OOB twice until 1943...
PS
OK, I have increased cost of T-34, KV-1, KV-2 twice if available in 1941-mid 1942, 50% if available later 1942. Cost is not modified if available from 11/1942 .
Will see how it turn out.
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:06 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mobhack said:
The damaged status should be taken into account, if you have to carry destroyed or damaged units forward.

Cheers
Andy
That answer confuses me slightly. Is that your way of saying that the AI gets it's force selection from your core + support despite how horribly that core may be damaged destroyed? If I have a 3200 force normally, sure the AI works off of that plus support chosen, but if it gets the living daylights pounded out of it, to where it's down to 1000 (let's say 2000pts of it were destroyed and there were none just damaged) on the next battle, does the AI work off the original number in preferences (in my case 3200) or is it adjusted as the core becomes weaker too? Of course, later, that core will grow beyond the orginal amount quite likely. Would the AI then use the 3200 or the increased size?

Thanks.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:26 AM

Private

Panzermeyer is on a distinguished road

It is also possible to give the AI an advantage with several other setting in preferences. Troop quality, searching, armor toughness, infantry toughness, etc. There are many many options.
Old May 20th, 2006, 04:27 PM

The points is on current core value and not on the points set in preferences. As your toys increase in experience, your core value increases, as do any additions made later. If someone with elite experience is wiped out and repolaced with a default unit, it will go down again. If the unit is currently destroyed or damaged, it is worth less points for the core value calculation than if it was A-OK.

Cheers
Andy