.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Sergeant

valo2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: valos german adventure

9 finger jifko has been relocated to one of the cavalry squads and he learned to pull the trigger with his middlefinger.

the HMG Squad is now led by a men from Siebenbürgen.
Finally my polish beutetanks have arrived. They are also crewed by schlesiers but we just call them poles. they hate it.

After my bad handlicng of the precious panzers in the ardennes where 2 were destroyed and one damaged by mortarfire i have been send to a Flankguardaction near Arras. My forces are stretched thin as i only have an infantryplatoon mgs and some topless tankdestroyers with paperthin armor as at support. At least their gun is good.

We expect a british attack that means now nasty french tanks.

here are my forces in the deployment the HMG has been placed far behind the lines to make max use of its range. the frontline to hold is a bulge and there will be some shortenings during battle. if the brits manage to get through the weakly guarded centre booth forces will be seperated we will zee what will happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 534951-Capture Active Window-20070708-224212-1.jpg (182.8 KB, 267 views)
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:35 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

Valo,

Excellent AAR's. like the maps, have to look into that for my AAR's

Cheers

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:54 AM

Sergeant

The brits tried to attack me from the south eith tanks and a while later with an infantry company in the centre.

the tanks were easily taken out and the infantrytankriders were taken out by the hmg which did a great job this time firing from far behind like an aty piece.

im still wondering how they can hit anything 1 km away in direct fire mode. they must have sharp eyes.

the sector guarded by my core was easy to hold and only saw little action.

the Landserplatoon had a hard time holding the line in the centre. they ambushed many brits but thoose english infantry is tough. They shoot back when ambushed nasty habit.

the jpzs and 7tps tried to help in the middle and in the end even the sniper and the mgs but in the end i was slowly pushed away from the crossroads back to the large village.

then the scenario suddenly ended. and as can be seen the brits didnt have much else left besides the infantry.

the luftwaffe did some damage this time but not enough to make it worth the points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 535037-Capture Active Window-20070709-094059-1.jpg (191.2 KB, 244 views)
Old July 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Sergeant

My unit stayed in the same sector and to be able to hold my ground better i got another infantry platoon assigned. It consists of 2 normal infantries one heavymortarinfantry scouts and a pioneer squad made up of students from the technical university of berlin. Unfortunately their technical skills were more or less theoretical in nature and they had some problems handling their explosives and rifles.

My job was it to take the centre crossroad and stop any enemy movemnt o up this road so a panzergroup could move along the northern road.

the panzer commander made a great job and with help of the 105mm guns he took out one belgian infantry company 2 mortars and 2 two AD guns along his das through the road.

the belgians were trying to flee west on this road and were pretty surprised by our attack. thi sled to the total destruction of the belgian unit only 3 tanks could get away.

unfortunately they had some 120mm batteries we couldnt reah yet and 18 of our 23 causalities were from shrapnell wounds.

one of the 105ers was hit paticulary hard as the building they fired from collapsed killing 2 and leaving one man with a legwound that led to amputation later.

we all feel a bit let down by the luftwaffe that we are still fired on by artillery they should have been taken out already.

the belgians lost a 600 men strong taskforce here because the commander didnt use combinded arms tactics and left his infantry to be taken out by my tanks.
it looks like this is another sign of the imminent breakdown of belgian armed forces.

thi9s was my first major victory and iam promised some organic aty support for my understrength riflecompany with
tanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 535153-Capture Active Window-20070709-201119-1.jpg (194.0 KB, 238 views)
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:24 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

Good day Valo,

Like the briefing graphics, today Belgium tomorrow the World. Ja!

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Sergeant

since we destroyed the belgium unit the situation has stalled the last few days. with the norther route cleared the panzers can roll westward and the only enemy presence is a britih strongpoint in the southwest which is commanded by the same officer who tried to push me out of this area a week ago. Since we are short on manpower i was told to stay in position and watch him and his men. During this period of rest my Heavy Weapons Platoon has been formed. I know have my own mortar and a nice english AT Gun we found in the village we captured in the actions against the belgians.

So the last few days have seen some harrasment fire from his mortars on our westwards moving coulums but he hasnt tried another attack.

Yesterday divison moved some artillery (a platoon of 75ers and 105ers) into the area and now Divison HQ has decided to send me to take out this strongpoint.

to make up for the shortage on manpower (we are about equal with the defenders) i have been allocated access to Kampflieger that will bomb the crap out of the englishman.

then my cavalry will ride in and take the survivors as prisoners.(this part of the plan can be subject to some changes)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 535201-Capture Active Window-20070709-223803-1.jpg (194.6 KB, 247 views)
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Sergeant

The airstrike was mostly a failure and the village was hit only a little by the bombers. most bombs went into cornfields an didnt do any damage.

the plan was changed in the way that my "company " didnt attack on its own fromnt. instead it followed the other company.

the british resistance was rather light and infiltration through the lines worked well with only minimla losses.(1 injured)

the village was taken with little resistance of a few dug in
infantry squads and ATR teams.

The enemy mortars that had shelled our supplies moving along the northern road for days were taken out by 3 consecutive airstrikes. Another mortar was destroyed by our scouts.

The brits tried an ill fated counterattack and after a few exchanges of fire most englishman were either on the run killed or captured.

this closes the last chapter of allied presence in this sector. we are now to attack further into the south while the "elite" formations" will go after the BEF in Dunkirk.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:42 AM

Sergeant

on our road through the countryside we met slight resistance from british units that were dispersed over the countryside.

My company battled around against a company of british light infantry for some hours and with the help of Luftwaffe units who strafed around and took out one of the mortars in the area
we were finalyy able to send them into retreat.

as they were runnig back they met a Panzergroup that had bypassed them and had taken out their mortar support.

Under this circumstances the britsh commander decided it would be best to surrender his remaining forces.

now on to Paris.
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Sergeant

As we were moving along the contryside we came across a village at a crossroads. As it turned out there were 2 french infantrycompanies in that are roughly 500 men.

One was reserve and one normal infantry.

soon after my men entered the village 2 s-35 arrived that were quickly taken out by my pioneers.

My light inf took positions at the crossroads that were shielded from view by the wrecks of the french tanks and artificial fire laid by the pioneers.

on the northern flank my tanks pushed forward accompanied by the scouts.

to the south i only sent my sniper to watch the situation there.

My heavy weapons platoon was positioned 400 m back and fired mortar rounds onto the attacking french.

the MGs were also positioned near the village and fired continously on the many waves of french inf.

then decided to sit tight and use ambushtactics. after a few turns the french attacked the crossroads where the fields of fire were relatively open. I had my troops on rough terrian and woods but the french outnumbered me heavily and pinned my observers.

Then i relaized i needed my tanks that were on a mortar hunt in the enemies rear and i let them appear behind the attacking french but it was to little. withe their 1 mg per vehicle they could only harras the 2 companies attacking and
so my observer got shoot in the foot and his helper got his ear blown away. As they were dragged back by the pionneers that had suffered 5 causalities themselves more frnechmen arrived and i had to retzreat a little.

2nd platoon took 3 dead and 12 wounded hear while first platoon(mounted) spent a happy time at the crossroads decimating any french squad that appeared.

after i had retreated my men to better positions which had the enemy appear at short ranges and under fire from all units of the platoon as well as the a0 unit the attacks died down as the allies were running a out of men.

We couldnt take prisoners here and had tio let the retreatig enemy escape because all mgs were out of ammo and the rifles had only a few rounds left.This was a real intense battle for second platoon at least.

at the end of the fernch campaign my forces conssiot of

HQ
1xAO
1xScharfschuetze(elite)
1xArtilleriebeobachter(wounded)

1. Kompanie
HQ
2xMGteams+1Horsetransport
/
2xspäher
/
2x7tp tanks
1 zug
3xdismounts+3horsetransport(would like to change into trucks and maybe later SPWS if avaiable)
1xPanzerbuechsenteam
2 zug
1xschwere Infantrie
2xInfantrie
1xPioniere(maybe sturmpioniere later)
3 Zug (unterstützung)
1xPak(4cm(e))
1xaamg
1xMörsergruppe
Logistik
1xPferdewagen
1xMunitionspferdewagen

ps pat now i now how easy it is to loose the fo ;P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 535906-Capture Active Window-20070712-164159-1.jpg (173.2 KB, 245 views)
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:15 AM

Sergeant

Battle of Bjelovar

After the holidays in france my cavalry platton hass been motorized and the cavtransports have been retrained for other infantry jobs(at rifle, sniper pioneer lmg). The transpoertw e got consist of an opel truck an horch truck an armoured truck and a bren carrier we found at the beaches of dunkirk.

Our first job was to secure the road running through the city of bjelovar in croatia. since the city is in croatia one of our new allies the yougoslav army had to move in itself and a better of manouver began.

the yugos ran head on into the village were they were met by my motorinf.
My infantry was retreating from the town centre while the foot infantry advanced to the south of the city covered by the elite sniper.

The tanks moved unopposed at the northern flank taking out the 90mm mortars ( a good piecee of equipment i hope i can get some) and then attacking the yugos in bjelovar from behind.

meanwhile a recon group of spws and panzergrendiers destroyed an infantry company in the south that was trying to block the road there.

then they moved north to attack the remants of the yugo company in bjelovar that was now on its retreat.

at the end of the battle all yugoslavs were either dead or captured.

we had 8 wia and 2 kia and one mia( amember of th at gun cew went to take a leak in the woods and hasnt reported back yet). enemy causalities were 11 dead 400 prisoners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 536456-Capture Active Window-20070715-095553-1.jpg (154.5 KB, 230 views)