This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old October 12th, 2006, 05:57 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5 Demo Bug Reports & Annoyances/Requests

Awk! It still doesn't center them on the star!? This was reported months ago. I guess it fell through the cracks like so many things. This lone programmer is very, very busy. He must spend all day with his hands flying over the keyboard, and spend all night with his hands wrapped in ice packs or something.
Old October 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5 Demo Bug Reports & Annoyances/Requests

From the looks of things, it centers in some systems but not others..

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

AngleWyrm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5 Demo Bug Reports

Give an order to warp, and the ship (with enough mp) warps, and now you're in the new system, looking at a tasty new green planet a couple hexes away.

Give the order 'c' colonize (or right click menu) and...Nothing happens. The warp point was added to the ship selection without you doing it.

This happens with a lot of orders; the selection randomly changes, and you have to go back and re-select what you had just a second ago.

Oops, you just accidentally used up the movement points of all the other ships in your hex -- too bad, you should have been watching for the selection box to perform some wierd GUI dance, instead of moving your ships.
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

It selects everything in the hex after an order instead of only the things that were selected before and that are in the hex now.

I've bugged aaron about it already.
Old October 13th, 2006, 07:17 PM

Private

el_Gato is on a distinguished road

I apologize in advance if these issues have been brought up before, but I haven't ssen them in this thread:

Bug / Exploit: Let's say that you engage in combat against an enemy who has faster ships then you, and he disengages, leaving your ships on the other side of the sector. No problem! After the end of combat, go to the "View Sector" button at the bottom of the UI screen, select yr ships, and hand place them anywhere in the sector! (Usually, right on top of the fleeing enemy). Exit out, hit the "Attack" button, and now you'll start the fight right on top of the enemy. I can see why this was implemented: To set up yr ships defensively in the sector. But you shouldn't be able to move ships around manually if enemy units are present in the hex.

While I'm on the subject of combat: The "Show Weapon Range" toggle needs to be scalable, i.e; you should be able to toggle it for individual ships. If there's more than a dozen vessels all mixed together, it's next to impossible to determine which range ring belongs to which ship.

Also, when viewing the "targeting" area of the ship combat info screen --- the area that shows weapons and their reload times --- when a target is selected, at the far right of the screen data on the target damage percentage is shown, but not percentage chance to hit! I can determine how much damage the target has by clicking on said target --- what I need is my percentage chance to hit said target with said weapon.

Why can't you rotate around the tactical combat map, just like you can on the main system maps? The view angle, and limited zoom make the tactical map very frustrating when several ships are in play --- especially when they're fleeing, and you have to continually scroll the map to keep them in sight. Shouldn't there be a "center camera on ship" function that ties the camera view to a particular ship?

Ship data screen, main UI: Do away with the useless Maitenance Cost and Recycle Recovery info areas, and put in Armor and Shield points info. It's rediculous that I have to go under "Racial Abilities" on the main ship info page to find out how much shield points a ship has --- for armor, I have to go under components and add it up manually.

Cargo, Ship Info Screen: Why, for the love of God, is each and every Troop unit listed individually in the cargo area of a freighter??? What's worse is, they aren't ID'd in any way --- you have to click on each unit to find out what version they are! Do you realize how annoying that is??? Can't like units be stacked together (like population is, or like units are in SEIV), with a number in the lower right corner listing how many of each type?

In the Main Ship Listing page, there needs to be a way to sort ships by "Class". I can't believe this was left out.
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:47 PM

Sergeant

Spectarofdeath is on a distinguished road

Not sure if it's been reported yet or not, just thought I add these two things in, at one point when I was using the construction que button it went into it, but it was all black where any kind of graphics should be, like the map, the planets and stuff, it still had the text though. Played a turn to see if it would correct, no such luck, ended up quiting and re-loading. Another thing it seems as if it sometimes "sticks" during other players turns, had it sit on player 15's turn for like 5 minutes, not sure if it was just doing combat or what....but then I was just playing and it stuck on "processing turns" for 15 minutes, by that time I had enough sitting here and just force end through task panel. Bummer, last time I saved was a hour ago....guess I need to turn on auto save :-(