.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

HJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by LintMan:

I did see it work correctly one time, which I belive was the one time I had a bunch of leftover death gems that I hadn't spent. (I usually spend nearly all of them every turn). So my suspicion is that the game is checking the cost of the spell vs my current gem total, prior to adding in the new gem income. So maybe it sees I have 0 death gems, and cancels the monthly ritual without factoring in that I actually have 40 gems for that month. Just a theory.
In my experience, if you spend all your gems of the kind needed for the monthly ritual, the caster reverts to defend at the start of the next turn. So, for it to work, you basically need to have leftover gems sufficient for all monthly ritual casters to use if you want them all to stay on monthly orders.
Old June 21st, 2004, 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

I have encountered the heroic quickness bug again. If heroic quickness gives the commander more than 100% bonus in actions, he will forget his script after the first two actions in a turn.

For example:
I script a commander with over 100% heroic quickness bonus to cast 5 x Blessing and then attack; on turn 1 he does the following bless-bless-attack; turn 2 bless-bless-attack; turn 3 bless-attack.
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:54 PM

Sergeant

LintMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by HJ:
quote:
Originally posted by LintMan:

I did see it work correctly one time, which I belive was the one time I had a bunch of leftover death gems that I hadn't spent. (I usually spend nearly all of them every turn). So my suspicion is that the game is checking the cost of the spell vs my current gem total, prior to adding in the new gem income. So maybe it sees I have 0 death gems, and cancels the monthly ritual without factoring in that I actually have 40 gems for that month. Just a theory.
In my experience, if you spend all your gems of the kind needed for the monthly ritual, the caster reverts to defend at the start of the next turn. So, for it to work, you basically need to have leftover gems sufficient for all monthly ritual casters to use if you want them all to stay on monthly orders.
Yes, that's what it seemed like to me. It doesn't make sense to need to have enough gems for *next month's* rituals left in reserve this month for the monthly ritual to work next month. There's no special advantage to setting a monthly (vs just selecting it normally every month), execpt that it reduces some of the micromanagement needed. So there's no reason I see for it to have special requirements to have the gems reserved in advance. Hence, my bug report here.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 05:08 PM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road

'Burning pearl' should give 50% fire protection (item text) but it gives 100% fire protection and the attack bonus for just 5 fire gems.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:42 AM

Corporal

Frosted Flake is on a distinguished road

Had a very strange bug happen to me as Jotun. A Neifel got diseased (beats me how..does hitting a diseased guy with a wraith sword infect you?) fine better use him while I can I figure. Next turn he wipes a province and ends the turn with 100 health cause he got more hps killing foes than hits scored on him. End of turn he cant heal (go back to his normal hps..so he stays at 100 then drops to 99 from the disease. Its possible he could end the next turn even higher..cant imagine this is an intended game result

Frosted Flake
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Frosted Flake:
Had a very strange bug happen to me as Jotun. A Neifel got diseased (beats me how..does hitting a diseased guy with a wraith sword infect you?) fine better use him while I can I figure. Next turn he wipes a province and ends the turn with 100 health cause he got more hps killing foes than hits scored on him. End of turn he cant heal (go back to his normal hps..so he stays at 100 then drops to 99 from the disease. Its possible he could end the next turn even higher..cant imagine this is an intended game result

Frosted Flake
Well, he drained his foes of their lifeforce and helped himself with respect to his disease. The same thing happens, i.e. the disease hitpoint loss is negated, if you equip him with a regeneration item, or if you have a nature 9 blessing and bless him in combat.
Old June 24th, 2004, 01:34 AM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road

Noticed that a harbinger got to keep his heavenly horn if he first got equiped with a shield and then a sword, but lost it if the sword was equiped before the shield.
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:23 AM

First Lieutenant

One more all players in a mp game got a message that my nation has a strong rising amount of gold and has probalby cheated.

I just alchimized some fire gems to gold (income normally low: panagaea CW)! This message is really annoying!
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally posted by calmon:
One more all players in a mp game got a message that my nation has a strong rising amount of gold and has probalby cheated.

I just alchimized some fire gems to gold (income normally low: panagaea CW)! This message is really annoying!
Is this the answer?
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/cgi-bin...;f=74;t=002948
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:27 AM

First Lieutenant

Yes, thank you.