Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 15th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Private

nosrac is on a distinguished road
Default blue smoke problem

first off.....thank you camo team! you guys are truly the best. christmas in may!!!

the problem i have is the smoke on the battlefield turns blue after a few turns. eventually, the whole screen becomes distorted colors. i have winmbt installed with no problems. tried gui vs direct x with no luck. thanks for any help and thanks again for such wonderful games.

chuck
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: blue smoke problem

Hi nosrac,

If smoke turns blue then definitely there is a problem!

But during the BETA phase no one from the playtesters has reported anything like this so probably there is something wrong with your settings or your display adapter.

Btw, have you previously installed WinSPMBT?
If yes, do you experience the same problem there?

Anyway, I am sure that Don or Andy will soon assist you.

cheers,
Pyros
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: blue smoke problem

Quote:
nosrac said:
first off.....thank you camo team! you guys are truly the best. christmas in may!!!

the problem i have is the smoke on the battlefield turns blue after a few turns. eventually, the whole screen becomes distorted colors. i have winmbt installed with no problems. tried gui vs direct x with no luck. thanks for any help and thanks again for such wonderful games.

chuck
Full screen or windowed mode?

Have you read the Manual, introduction section, subsection on "tuning your machine" where you will find this paragraph:

Quote:

Unlike many full screen DirectX games, we allow you to ALT-TAB out to the desktop from Full Screen DirectX mode. This is at your own risk of course!. However we have not noticed any real problems, except that sometimes on returning to the game you may get a "psychedelic" screen, as windows has destroyed the game palette. The cure for this is to go into a sub screen which disables and then re-enables the colour cycling. Thus if in the game screen, open the preferences screen and exit it and the game palette should be restored. This effect seems to be graphics card related. A few of our playtesters had this happen frequently, most had to really try to get it to happen and some never saw it. It also seems to be related to how many other programmes you had up and running either before you started the game, or tried to run while the game was ALT-TABBED to the task bar

Does that sound like your problem, as we describe it in the documentation?.

If so -
1) Dont alt-tab out of full screen mode to rwead your email etc
2) Find out if you have too many other programs running and
2b) check if these are popping up (or trying to pop up) status windows etc in the background in windowed mode, while cheerfully ignoring the fact you are in the middle of a full screen game.

My current Dell has no problems with alt-tabbing in and out of full screen mode, nor with say Norton's annoying pop-up task bar windows. However, Civilisation IV seems so unstable when that sort of thing happens, that I disconnect fully from the cable modem if running it (as in pull the ethernet cable out of the PC).

Cheers
Andy