The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old November 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The election is finally over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocities View Post
To bad this revolution will result in the wrong people exploiting power to pass the fairness doctrine, an anti-first amendment bill, the beginning of the end of the second amendment and by extension the constitution. Our republic was established so that no one man should fear another, and this election has forsaken that fundamental principle. Power absolute corrupts absolutely. Watch and ye shall see the rebirth of bad political ideology and far worse corruption than that of those who have just been fired. Watch now over the next few years as the pundits of the far left goose step our once great nation down the vile one sided road of social fascism. Welcome all to the great American book burning where the piece de resistance at this torching of our rights will be the constitution itself. Thrown into the blaze by none other than the far left liberals who even now as I type this plot to steal away from us what our forefathers died to give us all, freedom. The wolves have decided what is for dinner, and its the conservatives. I hope they all choke on our bones. Bone Appetit.
Emergency comic relief
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM

First Lieutenant

Agema is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What we have here is a revolution...
"Social fascism" is a term invented by early 20th century Communists to describe "social democracy", which they saw as a capitalist way of suppressing the revolution of the proletariat. It's fascinating that the American right should align itself with Communist terminology.

"Social democracy" is the operating principle of virtually every other country in the "free world" - Western Europe, Canada, Australia and so on, and Obama is significantly more right wing than them. So, by extension, it seems you think the rest of the "free world" are bastions of intolerance, tyranny, and corruption.

Do you think people of such nations would appreciate that implication?
Old November 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Quote:
To bad this revolution will result in the wrong people exploiting power to pass the fairness doctrine, an anti-first amendment bill, the beginning of the end of the second amendment and by extension the constitution. Our republic was established so that no one man should fear another, and this election has forsaken that fundamental principle. Power absolute corrupts absolutely. Watch and ye shall see the rebirth of bad political ideology and far worse corruption than that of those who have just been fired. Watch now over the next few years as the pundits of the far left goose step our once great nation down the vile one sided road of social fascism. Welcome all to the great American book burning where the piece de resistance at this torching of our rights will be the constitution itself. Thrown into the blaze by none other than the far left liberals who even now as I type this plot to steal away from us what our forefathers died to give us all, freedom. The wolves have decided what is for dinner, and its the conservatives. I hope they all choke on our bones. Bone Appetit.

"No I am not scared, and neither should you be!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07-minister.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	7203  
Map Forge - Map editor
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Somebody else wrote this on another forum that I visit, following the reports of people everywhere going out of the buildings and into the streets, celebrating, which are better words than I'll probably come up with:
Quote:
THIS is one reason why I voted for him, despite my disagreements with some of his policy. This level of excitement. You're witnessing America excited again, hopeful again, feeling that we can throw off the shackles of the last eight years. Man, this just goes beyond ideology. Racial barriers broken, it's just a hell of a thing to be able to witness.
Old November 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agema View Post
Quote:
What we have here is a revolution...
"Social fascism" is a term invented by early 20th century Communists to describe "social democracy", which they saw as a capitalist way of suppressing the revolution of the proletariat. It's fascinating that the American right should align itself with Communist terminology.

"Social democracy" is the operating principle of virtually every other country in the "free world" - Western Europe, Canada, Australia and so on, and Obama is significantly more right wing than them. So, by extension, it seems you think the rest of the "free world" are bastions of intolerance, tyranny, and corruption.

You have no understanding at any level as to what I think. And I have no expectations that you ever will. Draw your own conclusions and run with them.
Old November 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Somebody else wrote this on another forum that I visit, following the reports of people everywhere going out of the buildings and into the streets, celebrating, which are better words than I'll probably come up with:
Quote:
THIS is one reason why I voted for him, despite my disagreements with some of his policy. This level of excitement. You're witnessing America excited again, hopeful again, feeling that we can throw off the shackles of the last eight years. Man, this just goes beyond ideology. Racial barriers broken, it's just a hell of a thing to be able to witness.
It was a revolution. Out with the corrupted old and in with the promise of change by the new. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:14 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Out with the corrupted old and in with the promise of change by the new. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
What I think alot of people are missing is that our President has become not much more than a figurehead. It is Congress that actually (sadly) controls the country. And as long as lobbyists can throw money at the governing, nothing is going to change all that much. These special interests have been doing this type of thing for a long long time and know how to manipulate the Government to their needs. Nothing will change. My thought this election: get rid of all incumbents and put in all new people. But sadly, we don't get to vote on the lobbyists.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Brooks For This Useful Post:
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:43 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
You have no understanding at any level as to what I think. And I have no expectations that you ever will. Draw your own conclusions and run with them.
Well, I do understand what you think to some level as you stated some opinions clearly enough in plain English. I don't understand at the level of how you came to those opinions. You're right to expect I never will understand, because you make it so by not clarifying what you mean. That is fine by me, I'll draw my conclusion that you're wrong and run with it.
Old November 7th, 2008, 06:43 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road
World Re: The election is finally over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agema View Post
it seems you think the rest of the "free world" are bastions of intolerance, tyranny, and corruption.

Of course they wouldn't appreciate it, but that doesn't make it any less true. I can't think of a single country, INCLUDING the USA, that doesn't fit that description. Different countries only vary by degree, not kind. It's the basic human condition.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old November 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM

First Lieutenant

I think that's based on a semantic difference.

If I get you right, you are suggesting that as long as some corruption of any level exists in an object, it must be called corrupt. In which case yes, every nation and every person in the world is corrupt.

I'd approach it from a view that once a certain point is reached on a spectrum, you may as well apply a relevant adjective. For instance, a colour that is 85% pure blue and 15% pure red is not totally blue, but if you mix it and look at the result, you'd call it blue.