Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Overlords - Game Thread. (playing) - Page 16 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Overlords - Game Thread. (Awaiting map creation)

Aggressive dom-pushing could well be considered an offensive action, which is why Jotunheim inquired.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:15 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Alright, I have selected a random map and set start locations. I have not finished placing overlords yet, but I am releasing the map to the public so that you can see what you'll be working with, and so that it will be easier to spot any province connectivity issues. When I release the final map it will be able to be found in the first post of the thread, along with the mod (also not yet released).

Note: Initially I was going to have all water nations together. However, the limits of the random map creator force certain restraints on me. I will be placing the water overlord in the bottom lake and the normal water nations in the upper lake. Hopefully this won't make the underwater game be too boring.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Map.zip (11.67 MB, 58 views)
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM

General

Update: I have most of the map commands finished. I am just finishing up start sites for the overlords, then I will run a test game to make sure that everything is working as intended. As soon as that's done, I'll go ahead and make the mod and get everything in order. If all goes well, I will have the game set up before the end of the day.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM

General

Map and mod files attached! I think I have all the bugs worked out... except one. Baalz, I'm sorry but for whatever inane reason, I was unable to give you your final province. So instead I gave you two magic sites in one of them to make up for the missing income. You will just have to take your 10th province and pretend it never happened.

I am putting the game up on the llamaserver now. It shouldn't take me too long.

I did have one error starting the game up one time. Abysia and another nation started at the same starting province, again I have no idea why. Anyway, this only happened once and I was able to create the game properly with none of the nations starting on top of each other. So again, some kind of weird bug that I completely fail to understand. If anyone could tell me why they occurred, well, I probably won't change the map at this point but it would be nice to know.

Overlords: Your gem incomes may be slightly different at the beginning of the game. While I'm pretty sure all of you have the same base income, occasionally an overlord gets lucky and gets extra visible sites along with the known sites I'm giving you. ALL overlords get the same income from the pre-placed sites. So any gem discrepancies are from those extra sites popping up.

Edit: The game is now up. Please send in your pretenders as soon as possible. This game has been sitting for quite a while already. I apologize for the delay, but now everything should be ready, and you can all get on with your game.

Please remember, the mod I've added to the .zip and .rar files is the ONLY mod that should be enabled when you create your pretender. It is more or less a compilation mod of CBM 1.6 and non-unique gatestones. So nothing else is necessary.

Last edited by rdonj; September 24th, 2009 at 11:23 PM..
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

Nations joined so far:
Caelum

For a minute there I thought I'd won... until Oceania submitted too

-ssj

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM

General

Yeah, I expect it may take a little while to get all nations in.
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

So, does each VP mark designate a capital on that map? I'm just trying to figure out where (if anywhere) I'm allowed to expand within the first 10 turn time...
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM

General

The first bunch of VPs are capitols, yes. Each overlord starting fort is a VP as well. VPs aren't going to be used as a victory condition, they're just there to let you know how many a given player controls. If you create a game with the full 21 players, you should be able to see a reasonable amount of area you can expand into in the beginning. It may be a bit tight in certain areas, but each overlord does have some space.
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Nah, I'm just lazy. Easier to ask whether the crowns are what I believe they are instead of checking out myself.

In other words, thanks for the clarification.
Old September 27th, 2009, 01:02 AM

General

Alright, only 8 of 21 players have submitted pretenders so far. Tomorrow I will send out PMs to get a feel for what sort of state we're in and how much longer this is going to take. I would LIKE to start the game by wednesday. We'll see how that goes.