.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dynamic Campaign: The Best and the Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreedon View Post
Been playing this as well... It's been fun. I lost a couple of vehicles in the 1st battle.. Should have used my Yemenis ;-)

The second battle was a lot easier.

Looking forward to more.
Cbreedon,

sounds good - any feedback welcome.

Ps
If you want a "Dynamic Campaign" of your own it's easy to set up - especially as you seem to know how it works ;-)
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:46 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Will be sending to Wulfir for the next instalment shortly as you said good fun, LOS round top right village was a bit challenging think partly due to dust from my mortars. Have you made any changes to your core? I swaped snipers jeep for a Stalwart ammo carrier as plenty of transport & changed 2 Jackals to GL equiped instead of slap for variety. Sold 2 jackals & scouts at start of 2nd battle for play balance as they are pretty powerfull finding the enemy well. Also for play balance think should only have 2 or no Scimitars till things hot up as they make light work of snipers etc so think would slow your advance down a bit. Sure Wulfir would be intreasted in your views
I haven't changed any of my core. The scimitars have made it a bit easier. I used them to blast away at enemy positions once discovered. I might try and replay the entire campaign and maybe trade a couple of scimitars for snipers and see how that works. Or maybe a UAV as the Army uses these quite a bit now.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:52 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Quote:
Been playing this as well... It's been fun. I lost a couple of vehicles in the 1st battle.. Should have used my Yemenis ;-)

The second battle was a lot easier.

Looking forward to more.
Cbreedon,

sounds good - any feedback welcome.

Ps
If you want a "Dynamic Campaign" of your own it's easy to set up - especially as you seem to know how it works ;-)
I may have to give it a go. I have some questions on it though. How do I edit the 1st 2 scenarios? I tried the campaign editor but couldn't get at the scenarios.

Also how does the campaign know to carry on with the same core as the previous scenario? This is the piece that I don't understand. If I tried to design a scenario for this campaign, do I have to pick the same core as the previous scenario? I hope I am explaining myself.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM

Captain

Quote:
I may have to give it a go. I have some questions on it though. How do I edit the 1st 2 scenarios? I tried the campaign editor but couldn't get at the scenarios.
hmm, what is it you want to do? Change the core?

You will not be able to edit the first two scenarios, i.e. 000 and 001 because I did not include the source scenarios in the initial zip. You can replace them if you want to with something you've done yourself, or I can send them over, if you like.

However, you can change the core option from FIXED to OPEN and change the number of build points for any battle. This is done in the campaign editor and will allow you to buy your own core - which is maybe the easiest way if you want to buy a new core.

Quote:
Also how does the campaign know to carry on with the same core as the previous scenario? This is the piece that I don't understand. If I tried to design a scenario for this campaign, do I have to pick the same core as the previous scenario? I hope I am explaining myself.
No, should you design a scenario you will not need to add anything other than optional AUX/FIX units (any non core friendly units). The game will remember your core as you go along.

Post here if you have any other questions!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Played throught the first battle, those Yemenis on your side are tough! are those 1337(a.k.a elite) troops?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:43 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
Played throught the first battle, those Yemenis on your side are tough! are those 1337(a.k.a elite) troops?
Standard Mech Infantry..., with exception of the CSO Scouts (they are "elite").

The opposition, however, are n00bs..., nearly all of them.
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:01 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
may have to give it a go. I have some questions on it though. How do I edit the 1st 2 scenarios? I tried the campaign editor but couldn't get at the scenarios.

Think I understand what you are saying
With a campaign the first mission you buy the core plus any enemy (not present in this case) So to edit the core you have to restart from the begining.

All further missions as added in campaign editor your core is set & carries over you only buy enemy units & any bought for the player side are AUX units
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Well the rebels managed to get there hands on some RCLs catching us offguard as to date AT weaponry has been very light. Worst loses of the campaign so far 2 Mastiffs down one with a squad on board, looks like I will be writting some letters home.
Funny really smallist force so far causes the biggest loses.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Captain

Damn it!

Forgot to include the txt breifing for the last battle..., bit late, but here it is anyway...

End scenario txt battle 002:

At Tur,*
Yemen*
February 4, 2010*
Excellent work!*
You have met all mission objectives at At Tur. London is happy, the Czechs are happy - the Yemeni government is especially happy about the great number of Rebels you managed to slot.*
On the diplomatic front the negotiations don't seem to be getting anywhere but we have learned that the Rebel rank and file is losing hart. There have been a great number of desertions lately.*
Yemeni Army units will soon be replacing you at At Tur.**

Mission intro txt battle 003:

Dayr Ad Duhnah,*
Yemen*
February 6, 2010*
You have advanced west along the main road from At Tur skirting the big mountains to the south. Now you are getting close to the important Dayr Ad Duhnah crossroads.*
This area is sparsely populated but remains under Rebel influence.*
Your mission is to clear out any troublesome Rebels near the crossroads so that it can be opened for supply traffic coming up from the south.*
Rebel strength in the area is supposed to be weak - both in numbers and fighting spirit. We know that they have some heavy weapons that were stolen or bought from the Yemeni army earlier. It is possible many of the heavy weapons fielded by the Rebels were actually given to them by pro-Rebel elements in the Yemeni army.*
Also, you will be on your own this time. There’s only going to be you and the bad guys out there.*
Overall the mission to Yemen has been progressing well but our deployment here has been given a lot of attention in the media the last few days, both Arab and at home. Not all of it is positive. We can not afford to make any mistakes.*
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:16 PM

Captain

After the crossroads battle, a lull...

...reinforcements arrive from the UK...

...the media is not particulary supportive of the Yemen mission, but political back-up remains solid...

...the rebels avoid confrontations in the open..., but in the town of Az Zuhra Yemeni army units stir up resistance...

...IMFORCE will now face the possibly worst modern warfare can offer...

...urban combat...
Attached Files
File Type: rar Camp018_battle4.rar (151.4 KB, 192 views)