.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: List of games currently seeking players (Making a new game? Need Subs? Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
The vacant positions in artifacts are shrinking rapidly. Marignon and Ulm are already taken
It seems like the end game is going to be esp. action packed and only two vacant slots remain, the nordic nations of Utgard and Midgard.

PM me if you are interested.
Only mighty Utgard left. Interesting how possibly the strongest nation is the last to remain un-subbed.
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:36 AM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: List of games currently seeking players (Making a new game? Need Subs? Post Here!

Unsanity, a mod-heavy game for fun and excitement, is now looking for players.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

In the middle of a heated conflict, the god of the great frost giants goes numb. Lift the curse of the fallen angles and destroy their meager empire.

Incabulos has disappeared leaving a power vacuum in several games, including MilkShake. I personally don't know his situation, but it has been explained to me that he has been at war with Hinnom. Take control of Niefelheim and win back his honor. Links below.

<<Game Page>> <<Forum Thread>>
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

Hello all, um, I've been a quasi-lurker/very occasional contributor here (in Dominions land, that is), and previously I've kept my MP play to my RL friends, but they for the most part seem to have lost their interest in the game (yeah, I don't know what to say about that, don't know what's wrong with them), while the fires of conquest still burn hotly in my breast

So anyhow, I'm finally willing and desirous to dip my toe into the general melee, but don't know how to get started! Basically, how do I join an "at large" game? To get in the swing of things, I'd gladly take over/sub for some other game at first (such as the offer of Niefelheim mentioned above), if someone could baby-step me into it.

After that, I'm sure someone could help me out in how to join a new game and all that. But baby steps might be advisable at first (although I did pretty well in MP against my RL friends, I suspect that experience might not translate well against the "international" Dominions community...).

So anyhow, any help on getting started on my new career as "whipping boy" would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Old May 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Well, in this situation it appears a sub has already been found and I forgot to update the posts. That is my fault.

I personally only enjoy the game when I play it from start to finish. Subbing turns out not to be my deal. Though I've been told by some that it really helps them obtain perspective.

Joining a game is rather easy. New games are started all the time here. Just keep an eye out for new threads in the "Multiplayer and AARs" forums. Also, ready the stickies on the forum as well. A lot of the games, such as the ones I'm playing, are hosted by the llamaserver. Though there are other people who also selfishly devote a server to the cause. The stickies will explain more about how these servers work and how to find them. Though most of the work is handled by the host of the game, so its not really necessary.

What you basically need to know is: find a new game thread, read the conditions of the game, and present your interest in the game via a post on that thread. Most of the time, all you need to do is say you'll play a nation of the appropriate era. If you have questions from there, your host will generally answer them for you once voiced.

Good luck.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:57 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Licker
has gone missing in the game Solar. (TNN) Please contact me about subbing into this late term game. 5 Players left...
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

Says you're looking for a skilled player. Not sure if I'd rate myself as that Guess I'll keep an eye out for a new game.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hey, can someone help me out on how to join a LlamaServer game? I was interested in joining the Art_of_War game (seems to be filling up fast though), and was sort of confused by the FAQ. It says I "should post on the thread saying what nation you'll be", but as far as I can tell, LlamaServer is not a forum where you can post your intentions.

What should I be doing? Should I just make a pretender and send it in via these instructions - "E-mail the file to: pretenders[ at ]llamaserver[ dot ]net" and "have the game name in the subject line of your e-mail"? Is that all I need to do, or is there another step I'm missing?

Probably too late for AoW, but maybe I'll be ready for the next game - I really need to get my toes into the pool

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Corporal

mighty_scoop is on a distinguished road

You should have posted in the game thread (for Art-of-war it would have been this one : http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43097) ...
but actually you are to late for AoW ... game is already full.

For your next game ... post a msg in the game-thread (in the shrapnel-forum mp section http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145) with the nation you want to play. After the game is full, you should send your pretender to the adress you have mentioned.

If you don't want to wait just open your own game.

Greetings
The Following User Says Thank You to mighty_scoop For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Thanks mighty_scoop. So if I understand correctly, all LlamaServer games also get posted here in this forum?

I guess that's what I couldn't figure out. How accurate/up-to-date is the LlamaServer information? Right now, it's showing that Art_of_War is still open (14 out of 16 nations)? Is that accurate ("Last updated at 16:45 GMT on Tuesday May 19th")? Where should I be looking for the most current information?

And if I see a game I'm interested in, what's the first thing I should do to reserve a slot? Sorry if these questions seem super-noob, but I've never played MP outside of my small circle of friends (but I'd like to expand on that), and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any more help!