Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 14th, 2020, 05:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

We are tracking it since program inception. It's probably about 2-3 years out from FOC at this point which is why it's not in the OOB.

I see you used Army Recognition, which the web tracking site "ALEXA.com" (I believe.) has declared it the #1 Defense site on the web.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/marc...alexa.com.html

Also submissions are closed for the next patch. And the Andy/Don "TS Skunk Works Project" is probably by now in the "testing phase" for the next patch release.

Regards,
Pat

EDIT: Sorry should've been more specific in this earlier. I was referring to possible FOC for France.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 14th, 2020 at 06:19 PM..
Old March 14th, 2020, 05:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

quote........."The new vehicles will be delivered to Belgian Land component between 2025 and 2030 and will replace its Piranha IIIC armored personnel carriers, Pandur I reconnaissance vehicles and Dingo 2 infantry mobility vehicles.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 14th, 2020 at 05:42 PM..
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:34 AM

Lieutenant General

From JANE's it might provide some insight and a little general "tactical" doctrine data as well.

So what you have here is a brief on the French "Scorpion" modernization program.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rrD...o#action=share

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 15th, 2020, 02:57 AM

Private

AtomicTank is on a distinguished road

Yep its just a reference that i get using these website form google.
Welp i'm to late now for requesting additional unit
But i thanked for the attention you gave to me
Cheers
Old March 22nd, 2020, 05:56 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Apparently the USMC decided to cancel the ACV1.2 (a fully tracked, more seaworthy variant of the ACV1.1) due to the ACV1.1 being able to handle sea-state 3 conditions (the current AAV can handle sea state 4). There are plans for an ACV2.0 sometime after 2025 with higher water speeds and capable of sea state 4.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/R42723.pdf

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2020, 06:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well good thing then that we don't have something else to rip that we put in before it was made operational. That is why EFVP is still in the OOB but not active.....as a reminder

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 22nd, 2020, 06:57 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Well good thing then that we don't have something else to rip that we put in before it was made operational. That is why EFVP is still in the OOB but not active.....as a reminder
We also have the advantage of dealing with shorter future time frames then we did. Even with the extension to 2025 we're only looking a few years into the future.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2020, 06:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

And with all that is going on ALL of these future projects may be put on hold or cancelled

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:51 PM

Lieutenant General

I have to agree, the financial strains "Corna" this is putting on the world economy's is huge! It's not now going to happen by tomorrow (Which means another HUGE drop of the Dow.) as hoped, but, we're about to approve the largest economic stimulus bill in the history of the U.S.

Our current National Debt (U.S) is sitting around 23.3 Trillion Dollars, this bill will equal 8.58% of the current debt at 2 Trillion Dollars. That bill is designed to ONLY cover a period of 10 -12 weeks. If there's no improvement of the current situation a follow-up bill might be revisited.

We can absolutely see a reduction and or "slow down" in defense acquisitions around the world if this is not resolved in the next few months.

The money for the current Defense Authorization bill has already been allocated for this Fiscal Year (Until 30 SEP 2020.) but, that being said, the Department of Defense does represent the second highest "individual component" (This includes the Overseas Contingency Operations of our budget. Pays for wars etc.) behind Social Security the electrify "third rail" of politics here.

Logic follows that behind social programs, the defense budgets of most countries especially in parts of Asia and Europe will find themselves in the same situation as us potentially.

And you have to wonder what's going on in Russia as, at least here there's not much news except for the current "Oil War" between Russia and neighboring countries against Saudi Arabia and oddly in regards to the last OPEC.

By all appearances Oil in Russia is going for about $55.00 per barrel which is about 3 to 4 dollars less then they budgeted for. Oil and some other national resources is what's paying for their defense budget. I still am not seeing ARMATA/T-50 and ARMATA IFV (T-15) before 2025, especially with this these issues currently going on in Russia.
https://www.rbth.com/business/331683...ussias-economy
https://guidetopetersburg.com/corona...ent-situation/
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...arch-22-a69117

So we might see a "blood bath" in some OOB's. And in line with this Thread, AJAX wasn't isn't even to start IOC until this Fall. How will this affect that? It's too soon to tell except, you can bet I'll be watching this and other programs very closely over the next several months.

I devoted 15 years of my career concerning financial issues relating to our sailors.

If you are investing for your retirement, "stay the course" there's a reason it's called "dollar cost averaging" and this is a good time to be invested if your "time horizon" until retirement is still few years off.

I hope everyone (And your families.) can hang in there, it will end hopefully in the next few months. As many of my former compatriots (Sub Folks) are posting "Self Isolation" at home is nothing!! We are home with our families, we can eat what we want, we can look out the windows, we can watch TV, access computers, listen to music, read a good book, use a phone, we even watch Sunrises and Sunsets and so much more!!

We couldn't (And still can't.) do most of any of that on a Submarine.

And like working on a Submarine the DOD expects me to come to work and I'll be there for the duration. As I know many of you out here have to do the same.

Stay Strong!!

As a CO once told me and in writing "I was the conscious of the command."

I don't assume that role here, but I hope you know where I'm coming from.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 22nd, 2020 at 10:28 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The last info I found on Ajax was late summer so the date in the OOB has been adjusted to September. If it's correct or changes is irrelevant as the OOB is going out with it entering service 9/120