.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 17th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mind control

Does Apostacy target only sacreds or only priests?
I'm surprised it's resisted with MR+4 given the amounr of (admittedly Ulmish) priests I once managed to convert with just two castings.
Old September 17th, 2009, 07:11 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Sacreds
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano View Post
The message when you try to charm a Cyclops is "XXX wasn't even remotely interested in the beauty of a Oreiad". When such a message appears I don't know. I think we may only guess or test and I'm tired of both in this game.
It looks to me like the sweet spot is morale 20. At 20 and above the unit is seduction-immune. You can double-check with lch when he reappears, he is better at this stuff than I am.

But I tested with a morale-18 unit with and without a Dragon Helmet, and it only gives the "wasn't even remotely interested" when wearing the Dragon Helmet.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

In a recent game my succubus had seduced a paladin with Dragon helmet on and morale of 22. The CBM 1.41 was in use.
The Following User Says Thank You to WingedDog For This Useful Post:
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM

General

I did some more testing. 40 Succubi, 40 Paladins with dragon helms.

With CBM1.41 enabled (succubus bonus 25), the "not remotely interested" messages appeared for all paladins with dragon helms, and the succubi had 80% success rate. Them paladins are just pretending to not be interested. Time to head to the confessional!

In the base game (succubus bonus 11), the "not remotely interested" messages appeared for all paladins with dragon helms, and the succubi had 5% success rate.

So, "not remotely interested" does not mean the unit cannot be seduced. I was incorrect in my post above.

But there is a check for morale 19 or lower, at least in dom3 version 3.15. However, it is just to print the extra "not remotely interested" in the message for the nation who is resisting the seduction.