.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 28th, 2007, 04:44 PM

Private

Lily is on a distinguished road
Default Sub wanted for 1v1 duel

Hi,

I've been playing in a 4-player game recently as Pythium, and me and my ally Arco have beaten the other players and conquered the entire map. I really want to carry on playing to the death against Arco, but unfortunately the Arco player no longer has the time (having understood the plan was to stop playing once there was just the two of us left he's joined some other games).

So, I'm looking for a sub for Arco. It should be a fun game to take over. It is turn 55 and we have high level research, but the map is only small (50 provinces), so it shouldn't be too much hard work to run Arco's empire. It's probably quite a rare chance to play late game without having a ridiculously large empire to coordinate.

We're pretty much equal. Arco has more provinces, and our incomes and gem incomes are similar. I'm slightly ahead on research, but Arco's army seems to be bigger (on the graphs it is similar, but most of mine are black hawks!). I have also seen a couple of powerful-looking thugs in Arco's armies.

I think it will be an exciting game, hope someone will take over!

Lily
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sub wanted for 1v1 duel

I've never played Arco in Dom3 (maybe in Dom2, but I don't remember), so I'd like to see what they can do in the endgame. I could take over if you want and if the turn timer is not too strict - it could be that I can do three turns a day, it could be that I'll take more than 24 hours for one.
Emergency comic relief
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:46 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

I am the former arco player. Arco has a good position, though not a superior one. Arco does have some very good thugs!

You also have a f9 pretender that can blow stuff up, and uses flaming arrows to good effect.

Unfortunately, I am hosting the Epic Heroes game now, am still going strong in Alpaca, and also have a hand in Velusion's game. Had I known of the intent to slug it out, i would have passed on the big game.

But I do not have time for 4 games atm. Good luck.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:47 AM

Private

Lily is on a distinguished road

Cool that'd be good. The game is being played on the llamaserver so I'll ask llamabeast to send you that latest turn file. It's PBEM so do you want to PM me the email address you'll using and I'll pass it on? Else you could just PM llamabeast. The timer is set at 24 hr at the moment but I'm happy to extend it to 48. The map is attached to the original post which is "4 player MA PBEM game - started" (I'd link it but I can't work out how to do it, if you search for all my posts it'll show up).

Look forward to playing with you, it should be a good game
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I've put the timer on 48 hours - hope that's right.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:24 PM

General

Okay, I think I have everything, it's cool.

Looks interesting, the game could really swing either way. I'm a little bit intimidated by your research and ongoing gem advantage, despite you having less provinces than I do. There are still three AI forts left, too.

So are we immediately at war now? Or do I get a three-turn preparation phase without any malign action against each other as if we now end an alliance pact? *puppy eyes*
Emergency comic relief
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:50 PM

General

Quote:
Xietor said:
If you have any questions, let me know.
I happen to have a question. A couple of provinces here say that a level 2 blood mages searched for sites. Where is he? Was it some kind of mercenary?
Emergency comic relief
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:01 PM

General

This game seems to suffer from the 1.06 worthy heroes mod. I got a couple of heroes with two heads, another one with two body slots. (so I can equip two armors at once, whoohoo!) I suggest that we update to the 1.07 version to fix those things? Oh, and please turn off the timer until we're ready in that case.
Emergency comic relief
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:12 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I might be wrong (and I'd be very interested to hear if I am), but I don't think you can upgrade a mod mid-game.

Well, I suppose I could overwrite the file heroes1_6.dm with the new version. Seems a bit crude though, and I'm not sure it would fix the units already in the game. And it might cause difficulties with other games using 1.6. Hmm, maybe I should ask about this on the main forum.

Well I will look into it when I get the chance, but do you reckon you can cope with the funny slots for the moment? Just both of you promise not to use them.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:24 PM

General

Quote:
llamabeast said:
I might be wrong (and I'd be very interested to hear if I am), but I don't think you can upgrade a mod mid-game.
You can.

Quote:
llamabeast said:
Well, I suppose I could overwrite the file heroes1_6.dm with the new version. Seems a bit crude though, and I'm not sure it would fix the units already in the game. And it might cause difficulties with other games using 1.6.
That is exactly what Edi suggests. Do you have 3.06 clients using the WH 1.6 mod? If not, then you should upgrade. If you do, then you should ask in the mod thread if those could run into trouble.

Quote:
llamabeast said:
Well I will look into it when I get the chance, but do you reckon you can cope with the funny slots for the moment? Just both of you promise not to use them.
It's not that I want to exploit this, but rather that those slots are wrongly assigned other slots (usually misc, I believe) that one is losing this way, too.
Emergency comic relief