.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 27th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

elmokki is on a distinguished road
Default Mod Combiner

UnitGen games will probably need (or at least greatly benefit from) this if hosts want to allow players to choose one nation out of multiple possibilities. What it does is combine multiple .dm files to one and gives new ids for units, sites, weapons, nametypes and armors so that they won't collide. It SHOULD take into account everything including summoning spells, but I can't guarantee it works perfectly so do test it out yourself.

How it works is you drag and drop .dm files to the large white area, write filename and/or mod name if you feel like it and press Combine! You'll obviously need all the old graphics folders distributed with your mod.

WORTH NOTING: The id distribution uses UnitGen's "avoid colliding with CBM ids" code and by default it avoids any id CBM 1.92 uses and thus combining CBM 1.92 with your mods is not necessary to avoid conflicts. You can, however, add or remove ids the program avoids from forbidden_ids.txt

I personally won't link to Dominions 3 content made by me any more and I hope no-one else will either (old links are fine, whatever). You should be able to find them or most of them by asking on IRC or googling the other forums

I cannot guarantee that the dragging and dropping works on all operating systems, but I believe it should work on pretty much anything that can run windowed java applications. If there is demand though, making a command line version is pretty trivial.

Last edited by elmokki; July 2nd, 2012 at 09:17 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to elmokki For This Useful Post: