.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yomi stalling..

Yomi attacked agartha a few turns ago. Then nothing...perhaps he got defeated and give up?

Most MP's come down to 1/2 a dozen or so powerful nations sooner or later, so dropouts are no big problem, indeed fights over there lands can result in massive wars breaking out.

If Yomi has given up, he should have turned his nation AI thou, the AI does'nt do too bad a job, Ermor has defeated Oceania once or twice and the AI never gets bored.

By the way, the T'ien Ch'i spy network is excellent. I know every move my neighbours and in some cases there neighbours make...
Old January 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

Manuk is on a distinguished road

oh.. so that was your scout peeking about.
that means you have more nearby. You will need no battle recorder then.
Old January 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM

Major General

Quote:
Manuk said:
oh.. so that was your scout peeking about.
that means you have more nearby. You will need no battle recorder then.
Scouts ARE battle recorders.
Old January 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM

Major

Teraswaerto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maltrease said:
Yes, it would be awesome to have a library of great battles people could look at.

Start saving turn files. Of course, one'd have to be willing to let people know the password (after the game is finished) for anyone else to take a look.
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:17 AM

Sergeant

Strages Sanctus is on a distinguished road

can I do anything as host to save turns?
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:30 AM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road

copy + paste into different directory
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM

Major General

Default Anyone want to gem trade?

T'ien Ch'i would like to trade gems, strictly on a 1 for 1 basis.

We have large quantitys of fire, water, air and astral available for trade. I desire nature or death gems.

Please PM me or send me a in game message.

I thank you.
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

Manuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone want to gem trade?

hako wants to delay this turn's host but I think it's too late when I last connected it was 23 hours for next hosting.
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Sergeant

tibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Our bid

Quote:
Baalz said:
When first the peoples of Sauromatia were encountered, a chance encounter led to hostilities. They seemed a hardy folk, however, so it was decided to extend our hand in friendship. Their response, citing manifest destiny, regretfully informed us that the lands under our banner need be seized for the great plans of He Bi Kami as a massive group of archers descended on us lead by a monstrous great wyrm. Our mighty jaguar warriors were completely unprepared for the swarms of poisoned arrows, so under the tactical genius of our great prophet Tlahuixcalp, our forces melted into the jungles ahead of the force of cannibals, never engaging the great host, but never letting them keep possession of our lands for long. Stalling for time, as an alternative was developed to deal with the overwhelming archers.

Growing tired of the game of cat and mouse, the great wrym He Bi Kami learned the location of the Mictlan holy ziggurat and marched directly to our very capital. Sieging the citadel there, he obviously hoped to end our guerilla tactics by cutting off the head of our nation and assaulting the bloody god directly. As he was soon to find, however, the tricky part about jumping on a jaguar’s back is getting off.

The large groups of archers had been reinforced with a seething mass of noxious hydras, and heavy pikineer mercenaries guarded their formation to give them time to lay waste to our forces. Tlahuixcalp chose not to play that role, and issued orders to slay the mighty host to a man.

Leaving masses of slaves and foulspawn as arrow catchers in the front, the might of the Mictlan nation formed up in the rear. The Sauromatian archers must have grinned seeing the amount of wide open ground separating our armies, envisioning that the great range of their composite bows would give them ample opportunities to pepper us with death before we could engage them. Imagine their shock as the divine blessing of the bloody god was invoked, and several score of eagle warriors took to the air. Imagine their dismay as a dozen demonic beast bats joined the dive into their ranks. Imagine their horror as a large cabal of Mictlan priests tore the very fabric of the underworld and an uncountable mass of imps boiled forth to surround the army who was armed mostly with now useless bows. The tragedy of military discipline is such that even the archers which were not beset by our mass of flying troops continued to fire into our archers until they to had their turn to hold the attention of our holy slayers.

The majority of our losses came with the unfortunately unavoidable chasing of the routing hydras. Fortunately, as we had re-conquered all the surrounding territories, even those few who managed to escape (including the delusional wyrm who styles himself a god) must surely have died in the countryside.
Unfortunately our Great Wyrm, infected with swamp fever lead our army in an unwise and reckless manner, cutting off any available retreat for ourselves and trailblazing a path to the enemy capital. The realization that we were in a bad position came too late. We have paid the price. We are angry at our god. But he is our god, and we must obey his will. We will rebuild.

Sauromatia
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:10 AM

Sergeant

Strages Sanctus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Game Early Era - Glory of The Gods - Started

Please make sure you give at least 12 hours notice if you need an extension.

I just received a pm from manuk for an extension on someone's behalf. However this pm was sent at 2pm my time which was a few hours after the turn processed, and also was a time during which I was at work so could not do anything about it anyway.

I am on GMT -8 and work a full time job. Currently the turns host automatically when everyone played or at 10 am PST (which is 6pm GMT).