BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 25th, 2018, 03:36 PM

Sergeant

Weasel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Error in Abn mtr unit?

That is right, EVERYONE carried MG or Mortar ammo, not just the crew, who only carries the ready rounds. The USMC isn't unique in everyone carrying ammo, believe it or not we do in Canada too. BTW - the mortar is easier to carry too as it breaks down into small sections than a huge 50. But on the other hand, you don't drag a 50 into the field with you by foot unless extreme.

Anyway, enough of this. I have learned my lesson never to bring up an error in the game.
Old January 25th, 2018, 07:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The "error" of any consequence was corrected, the other issue is a design decision made 20 years ago that I have no desire to "undo" and it is equal across all OOB's

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 25th, 2018, 07:24 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I correct "errors" all the time, as does my aquatic cousin FastTough. Don grimaces ... turns red ... occasionally calls us impolite things ... and fixes them.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old January 26th, 2018, 04:29 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Error in Abn mtr unit?

I have always been driven by historical accuracy. One of my earliest experiences out here in that regard, was in my first Patch Post Pg. #1 & #2 concerning the, and as submitted...
A3. USA/JAN 1977 – DEC 1986/M60A1 RISE Passive/C4/RB 105mm L51 M68 w/63 Rds, M240 7.62mm w/5.9 Rds & M85 12.7mm w/900 Rds.

The issue would span +24hrs. This is where I first learned of the games need to compromise on certain aspects of the game. There are some worth while issues in those two pages of posts that some might find useful. Don really didn't say no to the tank but allowed me through the exchange to draw my own conclusions, and sort of left it up to me.

That tank is not in the game.

Go to the MRAP Thread and see how I fared there, it took me sometime too "get it" and I think that came from Marcello. I got beat up pretty bad concerning my questions there.

But I kept on going and would encourage you and anyone else to do the same here and in life in general.

But I've also been introspective, willing to work with others (Sometimes not always nicely. ) for the sake of the team and to understand the best way to get what you want is to be willing to compromise without compromising your beliefs.

The work is not always easy and sometimes not always fun. But the work has to get done regardless. Just to put together what I submitted in the most recent Patch Post was easily 12-14 hrs. Putting a plan together, back checking Posts for old data, finding new data etc. etc. and the MOST important thing, reading all of it to come to logical conclusion of all the data needed. And finally presenting it in a manner and format that makes it clear why you want it and how the game and players can benefit from it.

That's the reason so few of us do this work. And it doesn't just come from me and a "select few" others.

There are at 20+ pieces of equipment in the game because others in the Forum had openly in the threads asked me to look into them. And I was happy to do it because they took the time to ask about something that was missing and provided value to the game and players. That is without a doubt my favorite aspect to what I haven't done here in a longtime until recently.

Do the research, present it in a manner that everyone can understand in what you're trying to accomplish. Hope for the best, prepare to defend it but know when to compromise or let it go.

I'm still learning out here.

I also hope the questions (Not so much the complaints.) keep on coming. Because...

From NAVSUBSCH Groton, Ct...

"There is no stupid question, the only stupid question is the one not asked" followed normally by - Your lives and the lives of your crew might depend upon it.

"Always maintain a questioning attitude."

Boy don't they just love me at work for that sometimes!?!

And an extreme case of it but not lost at least by my generation of submariners is what the below touches on...
http://ussnautilus.org/blog/the-loss...esher-ssn-593/
http://www.threshermemorial.org/index.html

I cannot tell you or fully express it to you what the sacrifice of those men means to use. They axioms from above brought forth from week one and SUBSAFE has potentially and significantly reduced the odds of this kind of thing ever happening again. Even NASA used our standards (SUBSAFE) to investigate the CHALLENGER and COLUMBIA disasters.

Not much survives at 8400ft. below the surface @ ~3819 PSI, amazing what does and doesn't.
Click image for larger version

Name:	USS Thresher 13.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	15147 Click image for larger version

Name:	USS Thresher 12.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	15148

Name:	a9120623eccfb4be815dc0e529abcabb.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	15149 Click image for larger version

Name:	h97562.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	15150

Name:	b592a51b757481968415e59f09d30cbd--interesting-history-submarines.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	15151

But no amount pressure can subdue remembrances.

Over the "HUMP" but back at it well, later today.

Good Something everyone!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 26th, 2018 at 04:50 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 26th, 2018, 09:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
A3. USA/JAN 1977 – DEC 1986/M60A1 RISE Passive/C4/RB 105mm L51 M68 w/63 Rds, M240 7.62mm w/5.9 Rds & M85 12.7mm w/900 Rds.

The issue would span +24hrs. This is where I first learned of the games need to compromise on certain aspects of the game. There are some worth while issues in those two pages of posts that some might find useful. Don really didn't say no to the tank but allowed me through the exchange to draw my own conclusions, and sort of left it up to me.

That tank is not in the game.
????

unit 25 US OOB ( I think.....I don't recall any of it)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 26th, 2018, 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Error in Abn mtr unit?

That would be the one. I just have a "knack" remembering those kind of things. But you didn't remember it though, HMmmm, I need to see how I can use that to my advantage!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..