.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 12th, 2009, 02:52 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI. Game Over. Team ACGHHS wins!

Game Status: The game is over. Team ACGHHS winning by concession @ turn 55.

Noobs and Vets game information links:

www.dom3minions.com/~nav/scores.html (score graphs)
www.dom3minions.com/~nav/bin/nav_chk.cgi (turns received)
www.dom3minions.com/~nav/stats.txt (staling data)

Here are the settings for the first game in the planned three game series:

Era: Early Age ......... Magic Research: Standard ........... Special Site Frequency: 45 .... Indy strength: 4
Score Graphs: On .. HOF Entries: 15 ............................ Random Events: Common ..... M/R/S Multiples: 100

Renaming: On ........ Starting Provinces:1 ..................... Mods: BI 2.1G, Custom AIs .... Server: Dom3Minions

Admin: Septimius Severus
Custom AI design and placement: Gandalf Parker
E-mail Address for Turn Submission: nav@dom3minions.com
Team Forums: Noobs & Vets HQ
Map Editor/Chat Utility: Scriblink Online Whiteboard (link courtesy of Gandalf)

Hosting Interval and Delays: First 10 turns @ 32 hours, 8 hours will be added every 10 turns thereafter with the maximum to be decided by consensus. Most delays (under 24 hrs) will be granted if accompanied by a PM to the admin(s), a forum post, and a reasonable amount of notice. Alternates/subs should be utilized for longer delays. There will be no rollbacks for any reason.

Nation Selection: Nation selection will begin once all human team slots have been filled and will be conducted via ordered list method. Vet team captains will receive first nation choice before the ordered list is resolved. After the resolution of the ordered list, swaps will be allowed from the unassigned pool. AI nations will then be assigned whatever is left.

Map and team placement: A randomly generated map will be used and starting locations defined as follows: The AI team in the center, with human teams placed to the north, south, east, and west of the AI team. Secondary/optional starts for the AI team may also be added. A neutral party will place teams into the predefined starting locations. By default the two most experienced players on each human team will be placed in the front or center with the noobs on the flanks or in the rear using the team roster below unless otherwise requested by team captains.

Team composition and qualifications: The teams will consist of 5 teams of 4 players each. The first four teams will be played by human players, the fifth by AI nations. Each human team will be composed of:

1 veteran Captain: 3 or more years of Dominions experience and/or Hall of Fame member.
1 intermediate level Lieutenant: 1 to 3 years of Dominions experience.
2 noobs: 1 year or less of Dominions experience.
2 alternates (optional but highly recommended). Alternate slots may be filled by either noobs or intermediate level players but not by vets.

Team Captain rights and responsibilities: Captains are responsible for their teams overall strategy and welfare, have the right to veto additions/deletions to their team (in consultation with the game admins) and alter/decide nation assignments, are charged with ensuring their team has alternates or subs available, and have final say over individual nation placement within their placement zone.

Communication: Teams may use the forums I have created here or make their own, use chat, e-mail, PM, in-game messaging, or any other method of communication they wish.

Victory Conditions: Eliminate every other team including the AI team or be the last team standing.

Team Name The Mysterios
Deva's Darlings
The Blessed Ones
ACGHHS The AI Menace
Team Captain Nation/Status
Agema
Lanka
DrPraetorious
Neifelheim
AlgaeNymph
Helheim
chrispedersen
Mictlan
Mag
Abysia
Lieut/AI God
Nation/Status
Frozen Llama
Yomi
Frank Trollman
Ulm
Stagger Lee
Tir' na' Nog
Squirrelloid
Sauromatia
Mali
C'tis
Player/AI God
Nation/Status
Septimius Severus
Fomoria
pyg
Hinnom
RabbitDynamite
T'ien C'hi
chrispedersen
Pangaea
Grenc
Ermor
Player/AI God
Nation/Status
Agusti
Kailasa
Illuminated One Caelum viccio
Vanheim
GrudgeBringer
Arco
Riora
Agartha
Team Advisor
Executor
None
Micah
None
N/A
Alternate
Tam-Lin
CuriousCat
PsiSoldiershard N/A
Alternate
sum1lost Tarrax
Makinus
SciencePro
N/A

And don't miss the next game in this exciting and innovative series featuring:
  • New teams and themes
  • More provinces to conquer
  • Additional special magic sites to claim
  • A deadlier and more powerful AI team to defeat
  • Introducing a new optional human played mercenary nation
  • New supporting roles for non-participants including advisors, diplomats, and spies
  • And much, much, more
Feel free to post suggestions if you have them. Thanks.

Historical links: NvV, NvVII, NvVIII, NvV Noob Forum Archives, NvV Vet Forum Archives, NaV Concept Thread
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starting Locations Option 1 Revised.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	8795  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Noobs & Vets Starting Province Numbers.doc (13.0 KB, 1805 views)
File Type: rar Noobs & Vets Map.rar (5.12 MB, 1965 views)
File Type: rar better_independents_v2-1_gold.rar (4.1 KB, 1899 views)

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; March 22nd, 2010 at 04:31 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Septimius Severus For This Useful Post:
Old September 12th, 2009, 03:58 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Recruiting.

The story so far:

In the aftermath of the vets defeat in NvV III, noobs and vets now co-exist peacefully. The old animosities are forgotten and new lasting bonds of friendship are forged. Groups of former enemies come together forming mixed clans. The old ways are not long forgotten, however, and constant feuding between clans is the order of the day.

Till one day a new sinister threat emerges. Noobs and vets must now come together to fight this new scourge that threatens the existence of both races and of the clans themselves. This new breed of enemy are without feeling or emotion of any kind. Cold and calculating their bloodlust knows no end.

Can the mixed clans of noobs and vets come together long enough to defeat this common enemy? And if defeated which clan will then assume rulership over the world and put an end to this endless quarreling once and for all?
The Following User Says Thank You to Septimius Severus For This Useful Post:
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:56 AM

First Lieutenant

PsiSoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

I might join this one. I suppose I'd be the intermediate slot. Are we supposed to pick our nation now or wait till teams are created.
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiSoldier View Post
I might join this one. I suppose I'd be the intermediate slot. Are we supposed to pick our nation now or wait till teams are created.
Nation selection will begin once we fill up the teams. Will be done via either ordered list or first come, first server.

There are alot of games starting now but they are mostly FFA type games, so hopefully there will be enough players (especially vets) who remain free enough to join a good team game.
Old September 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

I've been following this thread for a bit and have interest in playing. I had a lot of fun with Sept. S., rdonj, and the gang in NvV I, a quick defeat in Yanging, and bailed out of boredom in a third game (Blood nations something). I have fairly considerable SP experience so I think I fall somewhere between intermediate and noob. I would be especially interested in being on a team with rdonj (please play) as I felt we had a good thing going in NvV I.

I also have some modding ability and can help there if needed.

Last edited by pyg; September 12th, 2009 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: more commas
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post
I've been following this thread for a bit and have interest in playing. I had a lot of fun with Sept. S., rdonj, and the gang in NvV I, a quick defeat in Yanging, and bailed out of boredom in a third game (Blood nations something). I have fairly considerable SP experience so I think I fall somewhere between intermediate and noob. I would be especially interested in being on a team with rdonj (please play) as I felt we had a good thing going in NvV I.

Haha. With a personal request like that, I guess I can't say no. I thought you'd left us though, pyg. Well, I'm probably a low intermediate player myself, so if you want to say you're a noob, we can play on the same team

I think we're going to have trouble getting vets to play in this game though. Many of them are pretty busy as of late, and NvV burned out quite a few of them. Plus I can't see vets really wanting to kill AIs. It might be best to just have intermediate players and noobs, the game would have a better chance of getting off the ground that way I think.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure I understand the whole thing but it looks like fun...

I don't know if I am considered a Noob, but I am not on the same level as a lot of the others as I never played SP and just ask a lot of questions (hence my Captain Status).
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

I will play. I am a noob.

And I think the noobs should get first choice of races.

Last edited by ghoul31; September 12th, 2009 at 06:29 PM..
Old September 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post

Welcome back pyg, I thought you had left the scene as well. But glad to see you again. I'll put you in as a noob on the same team as rdonj, since you have limited MP experience.
Old September 13th, 2009, 12:30 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeBringer View Post
I am not sure I understand the whole thing but it looks like fun...

I don't know if I am considered a Noob, but I am not on the same level as a lot of the others as I never played SP and just ask a lot of questions (hence my Captain Status).
Welcome back Grudge. You'll benefit from the AI element in this game since you have limited SP experience. The premise is quite simple defeat all other teams including the AI team.