BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Old April 17th, 2011, 05:06 PM

Corporal

Uncle_Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Post 1.06 Patch Bug List

If you want a playable WW2 Grand Strategy game, try Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided. This is the 2nd game, not the original. To me, it has almost the perfect blend of detail and playability. The AI isnt bad (certainly will teach you things for a while), but once you're experienced you have to start giving it handicaps.

The 'final' patch for it just came out a few weeks ago and I believe it hammers out the last of the real issues with the game over the years. Support for the game was quite good and I believe it's in a very good place now.

If you try it, lemme know what you think!

As far as World Supremacy goes, I'm still in 'watch and see' mode too. I check the forum to see if anything happens, but I'm not holding my breath. If something does, great! If not, well it wont be the first time I've wasted money on a poor PC game and I'm sure it wont be the last. I realize that is a lousy attitude in some ways, but I think it's just being realistic and in fact, I have many board games in the same category...we play them once or twice and then not really much again.
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:10 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Hey, I read about this before (about Grigsby's World at War). I should try it out, 'cause I really like Axis & Allies (although I haven't played the boardgame before, it's only available via Import in Germany, never got a German release). TripleA is a fine freeware version of A&A. I think it works way better than World Supremacy at its current state (although the AI isn't perfect, but it's a better opponent than the AI in WS anyway).
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:12 AM

Sergeant

Man, if improved, WS would be a fine modern day version of A&A.
Old April 18th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Sergeant

And I bought it because I wanted a relatively simple modern day Grand Strategy game, a modern version of for example Empire Deluxe. But it simply doesn't deliver enough at present. And the low support means you won't get much mods for it, like they advertise. It's great they emphasize the moddability on the product page, and there are only 2 or 3 mods. Anyone who looks into this forum will immediately decide not to buy the game, I think.
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Computer Re: Post 1.06 Patch Bug List

NEW BETA Patch v1.07:

This patch is available on the World Supremacy Product page here.

Or download it here.

Please let us know your thoughts.
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:38 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

Will try the patch.
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:39 AM

Sergeant

Yeah, me too.
Old April 21st, 2011, 04:16 AM

Sergeant

Haven't played enough yet, but I noticed the AI seems to expand faster now, and takes unoccupied territories first, which is good. Have to play more to give bug reports.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:59 AM

Sergeant

Didn't notice any bugs yet. AI seems to expand faster, and nukes can be fired to sea territories now. But I don't know if this "AI only makes one attack" problem is solved. I saw the AI make two attacks per round, but that were one land attack where just massed its troops (regardless of defenders) and one sea attack. Haven't been nuked yet, so I don't know if the inability of the AI to fire nukes has been fixed. I also saw AI troops retreating from border territories like it used to do in some older versions (and it couldn't set up a proper defense after that). I've to play more to really judge the fixes this patch made, I think. I haven't finished the game I started yet.
Would be nice to know the changelog of the beta patch.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
If you want a playable WW2 Grand Strategy game, try Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided. This is the 2nd game, not the original. To me, it has almost the perfect blend of detail and playability. The AI isnt bad (certainly will teach you things for a while), but once you're experienced you have to start giving it handicaps.

The 'final' patch for it just came out a few weeks ago and I believe it hammers out the last of the real issues with the game over the years. Support for the game was quite good and I believe it's in a very good place now.

If you try it, lemme know what you think!

As far as World Supremacy goes, I'm still in 'watch and see' mode too. I check the forum to see if anything happens, but I'm not holding my breath. If something does, great! If not, well it wont be the first time I've wasted money on a poor PC game and I'm sure it wont be the last. I realize that is a lousy attitude in some ways, but I think it's just being realistic and in fact, I have many board games in the same category...we play them once or twice and then not really much again.
Where can I find a demo for World at War: A World Divided? Can't find a demo on the Matrix Games Product page, and on other pages you only find demos of the first game.