.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wishlist

While we're at this, another all-time favorite: The ability to load a pretender you already created in the "Create Pretender" menu. So that you can see what you gave him and maybe change some stuff without having to do it all from scratch again.

If this feature is just missing because there's a problem when a password is set, then ask for the password before loading?
Emergency comic relief
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

How about adding to 9th level Construction, or even 10th, the ability to unmake items and recoup the materials. It would be handy for lategame and possibly clean up the game arrays also.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Not that any of the following wishes are new, and in no particular order...

* Castle-storming battle summary.
* 'View formation' using battle code. Apply a dummy enemy if we must. Useful for noticing what happens when large squads are involved so damage-auras can be properly placed as well as seeing effects of squad overlap.
* Sticky notes on map.
* Second the call for auto-load blood slaves from lab for sacrifice. Viable alternative would be a 'blood hunt to lab' command resulting in auto-deposit at first legal opportunity.
* "Ignore pool" toggle on gem box. Granted, this is useful mostly for clammers so they don't need to reload their battle mages every turn.
* "Auto-replenish" option for battle mages. After all battles are computed, replenish used gems from (a) lab, if there is one, or (b) commanders in same province who cannot use the gems they're carrying. Not sure which should take priority.
* Configurable number of global enchantment slots.
* Multi-turn move assignment. As in: move order to destination not reachable in one turn. Compute initial shortest path in number of turns. Each turn, it evaluates whether the destination is still reachable in the expected number of turns or fewer. If path is no longer possible or has lengthened, abort.
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
How about adding to 9th level Construction, or even 10th, the ability to unmake items and recoup the materials. It would be handy for lategame and possibly clean up the game arrays also.
To avoid that players get a never-ending supply of gems this way, you would only have to get a quarter of the initial gem amount back (to take care of the 75% forging bonus, which seems to be the maximum), so I don't know if there is much use in that. It's just difficult to introduce it into the game while there are still forging boni inside, I think.
Emergency comic relief
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

You can get higher than +75 overall if you use FoTA (halves cost after the normal additive discounts from unit and hammers), and use weird setups like 4-armed forgers, but 75% off is theoretically spammable by Ulm -- Master Smith, Dwarven Hammer (+50 total and FoTA halves the remaining cost. No Steel Ovens or artifacts required).

At least it'd be nowhere near as abusable than the Alchemist + Runemaster combo from MoM.
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Considering the "make an AI" project..
I could really use an item that cripples or makes a unit unmovable. Not just in battle but unable to take move commands. Maybe "Massive Iron Bodycast" or "Boots of Rooting" or "Ethereal Chains"
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM

Private

FaceLess is on a distinguished road

Combine the results of site searching spells (similar as for blood hunting); x sites were found in prov X.

Option to goto province in stead of goto commander to inspect the new found site.

Restart current game option. i.e. same settings, pretender etc

Maybe this is alreade available but an option to choose for random nation in game setup without using water nations
Old March 28th, 2007, 02:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Id be willing to see disappearing disbanding. (getting rid of extra units by disbanding them and having them just go poof).

I could see it also turn into PD or population. Probably better as population since it will vastly affect the game with certain nations that get free units. Tien chi, Pangaea, Ermor. Of course the game might have to treat undead and magical differently.

I think it might also be interesting, and less imbalancing, if it was an event. If you have too many troops in a province and they are starving or commanderless then maybe they should revolt.

Another fun thing to get rid of excess troops would be to have it that you must assign them to a commmander, and then give the commander an order "release from service". That would put them into the mercenary queue (if there is room for it). It would become another strategy thing to the game. Like discards in a card game. Not only would you have to decide that you dont need it but you would have to consider if the other players might make good use of it. It also would fit well with the fact that both the need to get rid of such units, and the lack of mercs, occur in late game.
Old March 28th, 2007, 10:37 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Another fun thing to get rid of excess troops would be to have it that you must assign them to a commmander, and then give the commander an order "release from service". That would put them into the mercenary queue (if there is room for it). It would become another strategy thing to the game. Like discards in a card game. Not only would you have to decide that you dont need it but you would have to consider if the other players might make good use of it. It also would fit well with the fact that both the need to get rid of such units, and the lack of mercs, occur in late game.
Ooo... I really like that idea!
Map Forge - Map editor
Old March 28th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Private

UncleYee is on a distinguished road

REPEATABLE BUILD QUEUES! Do I really need to choose between conveniently queuing up all the guys I want BUT having to pay 6 turn's gold up front versus spending only the correct amount BUT having to go recruit the same thing from 7 or 8 Indep provinces every single turn? Why not the best of both worlds? Is it really a question of "What would the program do if your empire doesn't have enough money to pay for all the units you've queued up?" Because I think we're all more than willing to accept the just about any solution to that.

Also, I second site searching that takes into account current searches. That would help a ton. Another idea along the same lines is putting those helpful little colored numbers (showing what level searches have been done) in the target box when we're targetting a site-searching spell. That would be so awesome. Here's why.

I play like this: <press n>, do something with commander, <press n>, oh look here's a site searching mage. <Select cast ritual spell>, <select spell from list>, oh target... This forest looks good, but has it been searched for nature sites? Can't remember. <select cancel>, <right click on target province>, no I guess not, <right click on province with mage>, <select mage>, AND then I'm finally back to where I was when I <pressed n> in the first place. Gosh that was a big waste of time. If only I could have seen what level searches had been cast from within the spell targetting phase itself.

Second autoforge item, that's a no-brainer.

Second Hold Position order, or something, for commanders you don't want to see again for a while.

Absolutely second combining site searching spells into one message, but if that's too grandiose, I at least wish the notifications didn't need to be clicked on. Every site searcher message results in a one line report; how about just making that report the event, so I don't have to click open 7 search messages a turn? AND it's true it would be great if we could hop to the target province instead of the commander.

And second castle-storming battle summary. That just feels like an omission. Why is there no casualty report?

Also, wish I were independently wealthy so I could play Dom3 all day long.