.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road
Default A Blessing for Bogarus?

I figured I'd try Bogarus in singleplayer. I decided I'd try blessing the Khlysty. Of course, I have little experience in blessings, so I figured I'd ask the forum what they thought would be a good blessing. I figured I'd try B9S9, with maybe F4; I thought that S9 would increase their survivability somewhat, and the Death Curse for B9 would really help with bringing down powerful enemies (not to mention the strength bonus). Of course, as I said, I'm not very experienced with bless-strategies, so everyone's free to chime in with a tip.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM

Corporal

Darkstone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Blessing for Bogarus?

I'd have to say that the Khlysty aren't really worthy of going for a strong bless.

Considering they're MR 11, boosting that with an S bless seems a waste of time, since most spells will still affect them. Even with a twist fate they're going to drop like flies.

Also the blood bless is pretty weak. Strength is good, but they have a decent chance of killing non HI already with a morningstar. And the curse (+ small horrormark) chance is pretty useless.

However, the F9 is always good when you can mass something. That should add the extra damage, and ensure they hit stuff with the morningstars.

So I'd say F9 if you're going for a bless for the Khlysty, but that's not even where Bogarus shines.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM

Sergeant

Zenzei is on a distinguished road

I've got to agree with Darkstone here, Bogarus just isn't for bless strategy. If you want to test your hand with LA bless nation, I suggest Mictlan.

EDIT: If you definitely want to use Bogarus, awake SC pretender is the way to go for early game expansion imo. You also have very good and versatile mages so it really pays off to study what they can do with reasonabl effort and it goes without saying: learn to use communions well.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

If you are ceertain about a khlysty bless strat, I would say take F9B6. You'll get decent blood spells from your pretender and they will kill the hell out of just about anything they actually get a chance to swing at. The problem being they probably won't be getting that chance. They're not a great unit for blessing at all. I guess you could also go F9A6,.. but there the magic is less useful for casting.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to try out a Khlysty bless strategy for fun. I noticed that they would die in droves, and figured that B9 was the best for making their deaths at least do something. I guess my idea was to build them in droves, and then just send them against the enemy with maybe a squad for drawing missile fire and taking the first hits.

And then I remembered that sacred recruitment is limited to 10 a turn at maximum. D'oh.

Could this thread perhaps turn into a list of tips (maybe even a full-fledged guide!) for Bogarus, though? I've noticed that the Strategy Index doesn't list anything for Bogarus, and I'd like a little help from the experts on how to play Bogarus.

Edit: After reading Sector24's post, I think I should have searched the forum as well as looked at the strategy index. D'oh.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Second Lieutenant

sector24 is on a distinguished road

Dr. P's guide worked very well for me:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...&Number=578015
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:52 AM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Actually, unless they changed it in a patch, actual dominion score is capped at 10, but each 5 temples still adds one. The first game I ever won against the AI, I was building 13 sacreds a turn at the end, in my capital.

Also, I see your idea, and I support the concept of "just playing a fun strat" in SP. I'd suggest any combo of F, A, W, and S would give you the most bang for your buck. The A can be a minor, just for some missile protection.

Also, an interesting thing to try in SP might be something like A6+/N10 - or E9/N9-10.

Though I will say, even though it makes me sad all these people come in and cover up your "for fun" idea with min/max awake SC suggestions and such - I tried a strong bless with Marignon once, and it went very poorly..... very, very poorly.