.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Final War

I think it's official, we need a delay of game as Jim only has 3 hours left to submit. If he stales then I vote we roll the turn back. Though that wouldn't be optimal as that might give the other two players time to rethink there turns after seeing the result. I don't think we would want that.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:56 AM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

No I'll be submitting. Forgive me if I feel a bit overwhelmed by the massiveness of the whole thing. Been having a rough few days, so it;s just been hard to focus that hard on one thing. I have 90 minutes left by my clock, should be fine.
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:03 AM

Lieutenant General

Well! What an eventful turn that was. Or at least, what an incredible battle that was. I was very shocked when the AI decided to drop Shimmering Fields - I've honestly never seen that spell fire off, it was beautiful, even if I'd hope for a more spectacular effect.

I bet the Air mage surprised you altogether, I only got her a few turns ago, and had 200 Air gems laying around, so I got to Empowering, she's neato.

I gotta say though..... Leprosy? That is WAY overpowered. Yeah it doesn't kill anyone, but for what, 10 gems? It is diseasing 150-200 men per cast, and even hits 17-20 MR commanders with fair regularity, that's kind of messed up. If I didn't have the Gift Of Health that I robbed from you, that spell alone would have totally won the game for you, as it is it makes me wait in my dominion to get "better", but obviously I can't wait much, because more piles of bones appear every day. < sigh >

How are you faring, AOE? I don't much see Mictlan anymore, which is a bit disconcerting - I know you don't have an ocean to hide in.
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM

Major

Nope, no ocean and not much land eaither. He's been assassination spell spamming me. Earth Attack, Manifestation, the occasional Mind Hunt when he thinks it's safe. I feeble minded one of his mages with a teleport spell.

Their were also the 14 super combatents, 11 of which are still tromping around. Just three more royalty and 7 more bane lords to kill before he sends me another batch.

I'm also down a castle leaving me only 2 left, which are both being seiged. No worries though, he's not breaking down the walls yet as he used the SCs to take them.

I've still got my good mages around. Mostly because they're immortal as all of them have "died" at least once. Their the gift the keeps on giving.

As for the air gems I needed from you, they were really helpful in eliminating his largest grouping of mages and troops. See, I did some empowering of my own and made a troll king into a earth 3 air 1 mage for some hot Rain Of Stones action. Which is were the hero with 666 kills came in. He's dead now.

Well, that's the Mictlan report. Stay tuned for more.
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road

Heh. I was going to ask if you two were ready to surrender yet. I guess not.

JM, that battle was definitely epic! The air mage wasn't all that much of a surprise though; hadn't you cast Seeking Arrow at me the previous turn? I'm pretty sure you had. The loss of another of my 8 or so armies isn't a big deal, particularly since I won the battle in the process. I liked my Air Queen though! Give her back, damn you! *shakes fist* ; )

Leprosy is definitely good, but keep in mind it allows a resistance check, costs 10 death gems, and 'only' diseases units (so they're still around for a while). I've been maximizing my penetration items for the spell, so it seems a bit better than normal. I wouldn't call it overpowered, but I am surprised it's not used more in MP. And as soon as your armies enter my territories, Gift of Health no longer applies. (Muahaha!)

AoE, was that my largest grouping of units? I hadn't noticed, I have so many armies running around. ; ) Still, that *was* a rather shocking, unexpected slaughter those trolls invoked on my army--hence the immediate flurry of assassinations. And my feebleminded mage has already recovered; I anticipated the teleport tactic (I was also thinking about stealthed astral mages). Gotta love that Chalice! I hadn't expected to lose 3 fully-equipped Bane Lords assaulting only PD though; that was disappointing.

I can't wait to see what happens next! I may be a little late submitting this current turn, although I'll try not to be, but afterwards I should be back on track.

--IndyPendant.
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Lieutenant General

Well..... 40 Death gems diseased 600-700 of my troops, including all of my very expensive and high MR Illithids. It diseased a good 40 commanders, over 30 of which are mages. Yeah if they can't get cured, they can technically go down in a blaze of glory, but diseased troops very rapidly deteriorate - fully half of them already had an additional affliction on the same turn the spell is cast.

So all things considered, 40 Death gems to ruin 8000g+ worth of troops and mages, some of them highly experienced and/or rare magic picks - I'm gonna call that a bit extravagant. I mean I blew 50 Water on a Murdering Winter, and killed like 33 guys. Sure, the province wasn't Cold 3, but Leprosy doesn't have that kind of a restriction.

I'm disappointed the Air Queen isn't a commander any longer. She's kind of silly without her gear or magic, hardly a better result than just killing her.
Old August 8th, 2008, 02:36 AM

Lieutenant General

Well, I kinda hoped you would want to play with your food a little bit before you ate it, but you're like a kid in a candy store.

As I had supposed earlier, you really are just too massive to fight, and Leprosy and assassinations just wreck everything I can put together.

I'd be more than happy to crown you king of this little world, and move on. Well played!
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

Heh. Yeah, hit as hard and as fast as I can, keep you from recovering. That would definitely be the idea. ; )

It's pretty much a done deal now. We could continue playing it through, but unless AoE has some last-minute, game-winning surprise up his sleeve, I'm going to feel a bit like Arthur in the Holy Grail, when the Black Knight just would not stop fighting: "You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine...What are you going to, bleed on me?"

I'll wait for AoE to respond, though.
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Major

Give up?! Never! I ask for at least another turn. Personally, I had a lot of fun doing up this last set of commands. So clearly I'd like to see it executed.
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Oh, by all means then! I look forward to seeing what you have prepared. ; )

I'll complete my turn tonight or tomorrow.